Explain this phenomenon with optical theory?

Status
Not open for further replies.

dRebelXT

May 14, 2005
When I shoot the buildings with 300mm lens from a few kilometers away, the
lines obviously become spoilt but it doesn't look like jaggies caused by the resizing.

1192871806.jpg

How do I explain this in theory?

more specifically

atmospheric refraction, the same thing that causes mirages, and in lesser degree the "shimmering" effect here

read this

then again, maybe is handshake, i don't know hurhur, but science wise, assuming that you did all the shooting correct that should be the explanation

i think is the heat waves that causes some degree of distortion to the final picture.

light cannot travel in an absolute straight line because of the air molecules?

more specifically

atmospheric refraction, the same thing that causes mirages, and in lesser degree the "shimmering" effect here

read this

then again, maybe is handshake, i don't know hurhur, but science wise, assuming that you did all the shooting correct that should be the explanation

yeah, i guess that is the theory!
thank you!
:)

i think is the heat waves that causes some degree of distortion to the final picture.

light cannot travel in an absolute straight line because of the air molecules?

didn't see that in naked eyes though.
density of air in different places are different.. then deflects(?)/defract(?) light rays.. am i right?

same theory as mountains in the horizon has a different hue due to dust &/or moisture in the atmosphere

didn't see that in naked eyes though.
density of air in different places are different.. then deflects(?)/defract(?) light rays.. am i right?

actually I think you can see this effect with your naked eyes.. if you have been stuck in a traffic jam before and looked at the whole line of vehicles infront of you..

yea, light refracts when it passes through mediums of different density..

you have a lemon. time to go service centre.:bsmilie:

actually I think you can see this effect with your naked eyes.. if you have been stuck in a traffic jam before and looked at the whole line of vehicles infront of you..

yeah, engine exhaust..
camp fire also can see that.

more specifically

read this

yup. the article explains it all

nothing to do with the lens or the cam

Actually, I believe thats the gas fumes :bsmilie:

But I do think it's possible to see with naked eyes. Not in Singapore at least, but I see it sometimes in "HOT" countries.

Actually, I believe thats the gas fumes :bsmilie:

But I do think it's possible to see with naked eyes. Not in Singapore at least, but I see it sometimes in "HOT" countries.

??? Tell me please .

Just look at the car surface under hot sun and u can observe this effect.

Status
Not open for further replies.