Expired Film

Status
Not open for further replies.

All Blue

Deregistered
Nov 8, 2006
Hi Everyone, I am curious about expired film which I noticed that some are specially buying it.

Is there something different besides being cheaper? I thought that expired film would probably gives poor result. Am I wrong? Or is there special treatment during developing?

It is also good for cross-processing where you can get weird color effect.

does it mean that expired film are not for B&W?

does it mean that expired film are not for B&W?

expired just refers to the recommended date for processing is over, nothing to do with the type of film, B&W, Slide, I/R etc..

anyway, sharing an experience I had while shooting with my film cam.. had a few ppl ask me "B&W one arh?" when I told them its a film SLR.. :sweat:

edit: think I get what you are trying to say.. for expired colour film, the colours would be different.. not really sure what effect expired B&W film has though..

for b&w film.. i find its onli lost of contrast.. btw.. nothing the use of filters cannot correct. btw, the film i am using expired a decade ago :)

for b&w film.. i find its onli lost of contrast.. btw.. nothing the use of filters cannot correct. btw, the film i am using expired a decade ago :)

more grain too?

depend on how the films are stored too.. if u freeze it..it could last a long time.

hey i do know much bout film ahaha.
only know those common types kodak tri-x....
i heard the real BW film is more grainy then the neg C-41 BW film?

Status
Not open for further replies.