Expired film

Status
Not open for further replies.

agentmonkey

Jul 10, 2004
www.flickr.com
hi guys...seems like i'm always posting before i book in... anyway..that's not the point of this thread...

trying to develop my n00b ways in photography by exploring film now that i've got my grand dad's yashica gsn repaired.... what sort of effect do expired films give a photo? what's so great about it? and are there any shops in singapore that sell expired films? don't think i have the patience to buy a box of kodak (i can't say which particular sort since i'm still trying to explore the colour differences between the different sort of films available) and keep it in the fridge for a year or 2....

hopefully i'll book in enlightened so i can ponder more about it when i'm outfield this week.. :)

Well I'm not quite sure on that, but when i tried using it on my expired fuji superia 200 (for 6 months) it gave me this brilliant pink tinge all on my film.

It really depends on what film you use.

hmm then why keep the film in a fridge if you want it to have the expired look? i thought the whole point of keeping in fridge is to slow down the chemical reaction so that these shifts don't happen as quickly?

i haven't heard of anyone keeping it in the freezer to "create " the expired look
on the contrary, as you have mentioned, the cold helps preserves the film and extend its shelf life

i know... but original poster talks about buying film and keeping it in fridge for 1 or 2 years... :dunno: that's why i was confused. thanks for clearing it up.

You need slides? I still have some expired KodakChrome in my fridge. Although I am not releasing my Velvia. ;)

sorry guys, my bad about the keeping keeping the film in the fridge bit :embrass: ..just seemed like a natural thing to say, keepin it in the fridge.. didn't cross my mind about the slowing down of the chemical reactions... haha

anyway, so the only way i can get expired film is to buy it off someone? no shops in singapore sell them?

also, are there any websites that show like what kind of effects different sorts of expired film have? or are they abit random?

Status
Not open for further replies.