Expired Film ... Ermmm

Status
Not open for further replies.
hello all. first post here. =)

my friend just got herself an slr and she wanted to buy expired films. but she got broke after the slr.

so her birthday's coming (or actually pass, but i've giving it another day) and i thought of getting her the films.

just that, i have no idea where. i've tried asking those ordinary photo developing shops whether they sell expired films. they just gave me a blank look.

so am i going to the wrong places? do any of you know where to get the films? and how much do they cost?

thanks in advance. i really hope someone know cos i'm running out of time, eeks.

:sweat:

Usually ppl shoot expired films when they want to cross process, or they want that particular sort of colours. Furthermore, savings may not actually be that substantial. Don't that shops will actually sell it. Maybe can try to post in b/s forum and see if anyone has.

I used to get from Ruby Photo years ago to test on old lenses. Try asking them or go direct Kodak or Fuji. :)

i do have quite a few sitting in my fridge.... ilford and agfa b & w, kodak and fuji slide as well as print film.
pm me if u r interested.

If you can, hunt for expired films in the B&S forums by posting a WTB. Then go to the shops and get some standard ISO 400 unexpired film. When she opens the present, let her know that the expired film can be used for practice/ experimentation and the unexpired ones can be saved for more important shots.

She might actually need rechargeable batteries as well, unless she already has them.

Nefertira said:
so am i going to the wrong places?

I would think dealers want to avoid the situation where customers don't buy fresh film, but only expired film at reduced rates (and the dealer would have shoulder the loss in value). Dealers may sell old film off as special offers every now and then, but not as a regular item.

On ebay or similar auction sites it shouldn't be difficult to find expired films. There may also be online/mail-order companies who specialize in overstock/old stock/clearance items.

So basically, expired films are just ordinary films that are way pass their overdue dates?

Oooooooo.

I'm kinda glad I'm sticking to digital. :embrass: :sweat:

And I already got for her 3 rolls of normal film, I just thought of getting expired films along with it. Cos she was hinting about it.

But like I said, running out of time. Don't have enough free time to go around finding it. With school and work. So I guess her present will just be that. And a big hug, yea.

Thanks all for your input. Really open up my eye about film photography. Will be a long while before I'll upgrade myself to using film. But I'm happy being digital. =)

And I so gotta learn what WTB and your short forms in this forum stands for :p

why expired films and not a new one? im confused...

Well, according to her, expired films bring out more colours in the picture, more saturated. And there'll be grains as well. I'm not sure about expired films as well, but it's what she wanted and I did managed to get for her.

If you want to see some pictures using expired film, you can go to this link. http://www.blush-ed.deviantart.com

When my friend finally uses the film and develop it, I shall take a look and descrip how it looked like yar. For now, she is taken aback that I managed to get expired films. She thought I went back in time to get them, heh.

Just wondering, which (expired) film bring out which colour?

Nefertira said:
Well, according to her, expired films bring out more colours in the picture, more saturated. And there'll be grains as well. I'm not sure about expired films as well, but it's what she wanted and I did managed to get for her.

If you want to see some pictures using expired film, you can go to this link. http://www.blush-ed.deviantart.com

When my friend finally uses the film and develop it, I shall take a look and descrip how it looked like yar. For now, she is taken aback that I managed to get expired films. She thought I went back in time to get them, heh.
haha btw the link that u posted is my girlfriend. we use expired slides and cross process it. and at times expried films too.

bumortic said:
haha btw the link that u posted is my girlfriend. we use expired slides and cross process it. and at times expried films too.

lol :bsmilie:

:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

i see u there too

Status
Not open for further replies.