Experience with a BAD seller

SiaOLiaO

Aug 12, 2007
I hope I can use this space to rant about my frustration..

Just encountered a bad seller and spoiled my mood.

Had reserved a Sony 70-200G from him at the BnS section at an agreed price of 2.2k.

But after a while, he told me if I am willing to jack up the price to 2.25k.

I agree and later in the evening, he asked again whether 2.3K is ok with me as the lens is quite new.

Annoyed but I thought, why not, maybe cut him some slack and I promptly agreed and he told him that it is a black and white sms to confirm that he will sell me at $2.3K.

Arranged for lens viewing at his place this evening and smsed him to confirm, which he did.

AND AGAIN after an hour, he told me this, "Bro. Can giv me 1 day to tink abt it first as i abit sad to let it go. Is it ok?"

That was the last straw. I told him it's ok and that I'm withdrawing my offer.

Frustrating.. AARGH..

Most probably, he got few buyers around him and he's jacking up the price to see who's paying for the best price. He should be honest to you that someone else has bid for higher price rather than keep changing the price. A matter of fact, once an agreement has been made, in black and white, he cannot back out and u can even bring the matter to court. Coz he's wasting your time. But in this case, its too cumbersome to prove an agreement has been made. Whatever it is, its just your luck running into these kind of people.

AND AGAIN after an hour, he told me this, "Bro. Can giv me 1 day to tink abt it first as i abit sad to let it go. Is it ok?"

:bsmilie: This is really hilarious.

Look at the post count, may be a clone? :confused:

Post count ain't a good gauge to tell whether one is a clone or not (give the new members the benefit of doubt eh? ;)).

bro at 2.3k is it a good price? what is the current market price? and what is the new price for this camera?

my guess is he realised he sold it too cheaply when you readily agreed to his price. next time must bargain abit lah. it's like wooing a girl. play hard to get.

Woah, I feel your fustration. Irritating man........

Most probably, he got few buyers around him and he's jacking up the price to see who's paying for the best price. He should be honest to you that someone else has bid for higher price rather than keep changing the price. A matter of fact, once an agreement has been made, in black and white, he cannot back out and u can even bring the matter to court. Coz he's wasting your time. But in this case, its too cumbersome to prove an agreement has been made. Whatever it is, its just your luck running into these kind of people.

thanks for your advice, it's really tempting to get back at him but I think he's not worth my time, I'd rather find another genuine seller and get what I want.

:bsmilie: This is really hilarious.

haha that's what I thought when I got over it.. At first i thought was really a plain lame excuse.

haha that's what I thought when I got over it.. At first i thought was really a plain lame excuse.

:bsmilie: There's 101 ways to come up with an excuse if the party doesn't find it too lame for one. :bsmilie:

This a known as a bidding transaction, where the seller bid for a higher price. ;)

S$2,200 calling once.

S$2,250 calling once, calling twice.

S$2,300 calling once, calling twice, calling thrice.

Item not sold due to "sentimental value" unless someone offers a new bid of S$3,000. :bsmilie:

Last edited:
This a known as a bidding transaction, where the seller bid for a higher price. ;)

S$2,200 calling once.

S$2,250 calling once, calling twice.

S$2,300 calling once, calling twice, calling thrice.

Item not sold due to "sentimental value" unless someone offers a new bid of S$3,000. :bsmilie:

haha. and post counts actually are a good gauge. if ur post count 1, and ur asking for some shady model shoot offering free trip to batam and clothes and food and lodging all provided, will u go? :D tat was a previous case. believes here got a few shld remember. afterall our friendly mods removed his account:D

bro at 2.3k is it a good price? what is the current market price? and what is the new price for this camera?

my guess is he realised he sold it too cheaply when you readily agreed to his price. next time must bargain abit lah. it's like wooing a girl. play hard to get.

Yeah market price is around this price for a second hand one. A new one is ard 2850.

I think my offer is reasonable, I'm not low balling him or what. And he agreed, that's the problem.

In my opinion, it's ok to bargain for a lower price, but do it with integrity.

Yeah market price is around this price for a second hand one. A new one is ard 2850.

I think my offer is reasonable, I'm not low balling him or what. And he agreed, that's the problem.

In my opinion, it's ok to bargain for a lower price, but do it with integrity.

when he deals again, tell him that you sad to part with your money, please wait a few days. :bsmilie: