Expensive Equipment, Unprofessional Service

Status
Not open for further replies.

LOTUSfairy

Oct 10, 2006
Serangoon
My experience with Nikon service.

Bought my camera on 2 weeks ago. found the SD card slot too tight (have to use substantial force to pull out the Fragile SD card). Went to Nikon centre (within 7 days) and repeatedly explain to the customer service gal and technician.

They insisted that there was nothing wrong with the camera (using a thin 64MB card) on my camera and refuse to acknowledge that there was a problem.

Was told that they will change a new cam for me.
Come back only when they call.

Finally ...they call, says that they only fix the card slot.
Well then, so I went down to Nikon Centre, guess what happens:

1. My same D80 was brought out. Check the camera, noticed the Connector Cover was "crumpled" and unable to close (I have not even touch there yet). The gal tried and got worried. She went in and came out says "we change for u liao".
Wah lao, They used force to handle our camera?

2. The SD card slot is the same, still hindered the card from getting out properly.

3. Technician came out and say aloud (with all the customers around): Its all the same with D80. (hmmm..). He took out a new box with another new D80 and challenged me to try myself (while he stand there and look...hmm I am customer leh). I raised my voice (to let other customers to take notice) and tried it and wah la!! it is smooth and proper. I have to demonstrate in front of him and other customers to prove to him. I pass both cameras to him and asked him to try it out himself. He tried and immediately his face colour drained and darkened. Without a word, he quickly marched back into his backroom, without any explaination. The rest of the customers were shaking their head at atttitude of the technician. My camera was with them for a week, he did not noticed/felt it/tried it? The other customer service woman start closing her cabinet with loud noise/bang and showed unpleased expression.

4. The customer service gal came out later and told me that his manager is going to change a new set. I ask the customer service gal is the slot is really faulty. She nodded her head and quickly rework on her paperwork.

5. The technician came out thereafter to collect the box that he left on the counter. He totally ignored me and walked right back in.

6. The customer service re-do the receipt and ask me to sign. Luckily I check again. The expiry/warranty of my camera was shortchanged from Dec 07 to Jul 07 (6 months). When I highlighted it, the lady just use pen to amend the receipt. I asked her isn't she need to update her system accordingly, she then changed it in her system. She insisted that she cannot give me the original receipt that I signed, with the amended correct date. OMG!

7. I asked for the CUSTOMER SERVICE feedback email/form, she insisted that Nikon do not have any feedback email for customers. She only gave me her dept manager email, which is the same people who tried to "con" their way through, without making any effort to work on the SD card slot and problem.

The journey down to Nikon centre took time, taxi fare and effort.

Nikon, expensive equipment, yet so unprofessional service.
Tried calling them and left messages, never reply.
Nikon,...Image, What image?
:thumbsd:

sorry to hear this,
I visit NSC very offen, sending my cameras, lenses, flashes for serivcing, routine check up etc, so after sale service to me is very important.

maybe you can consider change the brand of you camera, since you are unhappy about the camera, the products, and the whole serivce centre.

I also don't think you will create any images which may please you, since you have lost your faith on the camera, more over you already hate the camera...

You could have save the trouble if you test throughly during your purchase. Anyway take it as lesson learned. Experienced it before with other product. Now sit back and enjoy taking photo. Look on the brighter side, you have a new camera. I must say that seldom manufacturer let this happened, changing of product, I meant.

I saved up months to get the camera...still not lost faith in the camera. But the experience is so scary...

Wonder who will kana the faulty one since they may just box up the faulty camera again and send to their agent...:bigeyes:

normally we check the lens, any crack, check LCD and functions. Who will try to take out SD card and see if the card come out nicely..

haiz....

sorry to hear this,
I visit NSC very offen, sending my cameras, lenses, flashes for serivcing, routine check up etc, so after sale service to me is very important.

maybe you can consider change the brand of you camera, since you are unhappy about the camera, the products, and the whole serivce centre.

I also don't think you will create any images which may please you, since you have lost your faith on the camera, more over you already hate the camera...

My apologies, catchlight. Please don't be offended. However, I personally felt that TS will incurred huge loss by following your advise. See my comment above.

My apologies, catchlight. Please don't be offended. However, I personally felt that TS will incurred huge loss by following your advise. See my comment above.
if I have so many complaints, I don't think will be very happy about this camera, and any problems in future, I will not bring it to the serivce center also, since I don't trust them anymore.
so what is this camera can do for me now?

Thread starter(TS), as in this case you lah.

Thanks and nice you share your experience.

I thought that I should highlight this as it is important for everyone lor..
just in case ..

Have to agree that the service at Nikon Singapore is quite poor. Not sure if it is a Singapore thing or a Nikon thing (but have a suspicion it is a Singapore thing). I've been less than pleased with some of the way they've done things until it was raised to higher management. The service technicians act a lot like "ah beng's", even quite senior ones.

so how smooth is the slot supposed to be?my D80 is a little tight..will not say it is a smooth release, need to wriggle it a bit to get the card out..and it feels a little tight when i am pushing it in, unlike pns cameras where it is smooth..

this is indeed very sad to hear....
i can empathize with you.... it is indeed frustrating to spend so much money and get unprofessional service....

however, my few visits to the NSC has been very pleasant, so it is rather surprising to hear of such a thing happening.... there was once i complained about foscusing issue on my camera body and the technician patiently explained to me the results after doing a test on my camera.... overall, the service was very pleasant....

maybe you can try and feedback the issue to NSC and see what they can do....

so how smooth is the slot supposed to be?my D80 is a little tight..will not say it is a smooth release, need to wriggle it a bit to get the card out..and it feels a little tight when i am pushing it in, unlike pns cameras where it is smooth..

that is my problem lor...pull too many will spoil your precious fragile SD Card hor...not forgetting the contact kana scratch too.

That's why I need them to look into it.. and those things happened. Kana Ignored..!:sweat:

also, remember that you have a new camera now.... go out and get some great pics....
enjoy your new camera.... dun think of selling everything away... its going to make you lose a lot of money.... the D80 is a very good camera....

before you know it, you should be looking to add a new lens.... hee hee :)

mine was a "ah beng" technician ...hehe..

btw, thanks for you guys kind words and encouragements.
Will go out and learn to take nice nice photos..

Me a good good newbie cha-bor photographer

I would suggest you take down both their names, leave the place. Call the management.

I would suggest you take down both their names, leave the place. Call the management.

Call management..? I tried calling Nikon more than twice, left message, no reply..
Want feedback email, refused to be given one..
Hmmm...next step, march up to the office? hahahaa
:sweat:

if I have so many complaints, I don't think will be very happy about this camera, and any problems in future, I will not bring it to the serivce center also, since I don't trust them anymore.
so what is this camera can do for me now?

the complaints are mainly about the service center's attitude. not much to do with the camera..... The camera can still shoot what.

If spoil, next time then change brand lor...

Anyway, the complaints are quite reasonable. Quite shocking the attitude of the staff there. Lucky my nikkor lens got no focusing issues...

Status
Not open for further replies.