Exorbitant price for Extreme III 16G CF

Status
Not open for further replies.

isaacian

Nov 7, 2004
Singapore
Beware, don't become the next victim!!!

bally.jpg

I thought it was supposed to be a shoe store? How did they end up selling cameras?

the new camera shop opp John316 at funan, r tey same boss as bally?...coz i see familiar face

That Bally sells bags and shoes. It is another piranha shop:)

Having seen a friend purchase an item(EF 28mm f1.8) at Bally without getting scammed... I have a few words of advice

Make sure you know the price of the item well before even stepping into the shop. There is also no reason to patronise them unless they're the only shop that stocks the item.

Last edited:
this price i can buy 2 pieces of 16gb Extreme 3 + a decent meal for 2 at kenny rogers

Whyyyyy didn't he check prices in other shops first?

This is suppose to be the 'tourist' price ...

the new camera shop opp John316 at funan, r tey same boss as bally?...coz i see familiar face

Samuel and Leslie at Bally? Wah, thats something new! :bsmilie:

is the price in ringgit??? incredible!!!

Last edited:
Samuel and Leslie at Bally? Wah, thats something new! :bsmilie:

:bsmilie::bsmilie::bsmilie: fyi i am refering to the brand renovated new shop opposite john316, fyi all the staff wearing lime green polo T :bsmilie:

fyi i am refering to the brand renovated new shop opposite john316, fyi all the staff wearing lime green polo T

i know la, just kidding mah. ;)

slimy green androids. :bsmilie:

Bewaree the Berry bad people in green :bsmilie:

Not surprise given people buy second hand cameras at recommended retail price for a new set and 3 year old digital cameras are selling at with only one third depreciation. A phenomenon that defies the principles of economics and accounting. :bsmilie:

why man why? the usual suspect again...why...so many ppl post online and give review of shops..why...why...why so many carrots only complain here after buying? but they don't know see here before buying? why...280 can buy extreme 4 with change...280? i bought a 32gb at AP for 225 or even cathay at 230....even song bros sell 16gb at 159 which is cheaper than this and is alr consider expensive.....

TS if u need i can zap or scan and email u my receipt. i just bought it on last thurs...u can go bally show them at less than 280 u can buy a 32 GB and is also under vector with warranty

Go in a group if you want to make any demand. Be prepared to end up with a broken elbow when they force you out of their shop and called their security.

To mess with them, you have to bring the right guys and a few cameras snapping and video taping from behind. You wont know what they are capable as they can even toss your CF card out of the door and said you trespass.

This is just my opinion, but if you have a built of Arnold or Rambo, then go in peace and kick their dumb as.:bsmilie:

I bought it in a mad rush, did not do proper research, don't event know the current market price. Big mistake on my part, i must admit.

Anyway, I have confronted the shop asking if they have made a mistake in their pricing. They insisted their price is correct, even though I told them other shops are selling at just around $125.

I don't think I can ever recover anything since I have agreed to the quoted price by purchasing it.

Just want to share this experience so that all can benefit from it.

This is suppose to be the 'tourist' price ...

Ahem ... Funan center is no tourist spot, Funan's main customers are mostly locals. On the hand, you can see more tourists go to SLS, which is happen to be more "famous" too.

I bought it in a mad rush, did not do proper research, don't event know the current market price. Big mistake on my part, i must admit.

Anyway, I have confronted the shop asking if they have made a mistake in their pricing. They insisted their price is correct, even though I told them other shops are selling at just around $125.

I don't think I can ever recover anything since I have agreed to the quoted price by purchasing it.

Just want to share this experience so that all can benefit from it.

Caveat emptor

Status
Not open for further replies.