existing LASALLErians??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cheesecake said:
open ur own thread... haha :bsmilie:

Lasallian what.. don't do this to me. :cry:

ammox77 said:
hehehe :D thank you satan_18349

Almost everything is buy only when the lecturers ask you to for a specific project. But try to get the A2 cartridge paper early if possible for drawing classes. Cos they run out pretty quickily at the start of the semester. I didn't buy mine early and it was out of stock for like...3 mths? Art fiend sucks.

I've heared that this coming year 1 batch is huge. I wonder how they'll squeeze the students. :think:

fruitcake said:
Almost everything is buy only when the lecturers ask you to for a specific project. But try to get the A2 cartridge paper early if possible for drawing classes. Cos they run out pretty quickily at the start of the semester. I didn't buy mine early and it was out of stock for like...3 mths? Art fiend sucks.

I've heared that this coming year 1 batch is huge. I wonder how they'll squeeze the students. :think:

Isit? thought mine was damn huge already...160++ hw many dis yr? :bigeyes: hope there's more babes coming in...heee... :devil:

Any Lasalle Students wanna chalk up on their portfolio? Got some design projects on hand for you guys to work on. I can try to ask if you all want a bit of payment but this is bascially for you to chalk up on experience so dun expect too much la. If interested, can call me at 93671500 or just PM me your contacts... Will try to reply asap. Best to call la.. :)

satan_18349 said:
To ammox77: And 1 more thing...get MORE chalk pastels as many as u can esp black n white....u WILL need it ....

oh hehehe thanks satan_18349, hehehe today my first day in school almost got lost couldn't find my class hehehe.

i guess you would know people like suan suan and J.E, wonder is Saleh is still there. same goes for Rashid.

J.E is quite a good guy.. the female photog teacher, what's her name. juan or something. man she sucks. think if you wanna pass photog. you got to keep buying her flowers and coffee. else she can happy happy fail u. anyway, LaSalle-SIA cant teach photography for nuts. but everything else, they are ok.

it's always a joy to see 1st year students.. the females would take time in dressing up.. but once reach 3rd.. bochap already... haha..

hi! I graduated last year in multimedia art. and that photog teacher... I had jane for 4 semesters. She's anal :blah: but I only realise now that I should have utilized her expertise more. At that time just obsessed with doing projects and passing, and actually hating photography too because it cost so much and had to shoot so many rolls. Only after I left school that my interest in photography shot up :lovegrin:

yes yes jane. that's her name... she cant teach photography for nuts. jane just strips the fun out of photography. is J.E still there? havent called him for a long time to lim kopi. haha

anka said:
yes yes jane. that's her name... she cant teach photography for nuts. jane just strips the fun out of photography. is J.E still there? havent called him for a long time to lim kopi. haha

well she was no fun but she was damn tolerant of my class! we gave her so much trouble but she still can tahan. Or maybe she didn't know what to do :dunno:

Who is JE?

Rashid , Saleh, Suan Suan( :nono: ) still there. No idea whos JE tho..

Belle&Sebastain said:
from raffles LASALLE :blah: :blah: :blah:

really....? so am i.. but the name changed to raffles design institute

Haa... surprise to see my thread surfacing... Some updates..

All PT photography lecturers had gone except for edwin.

The lessons on photography were mostly darkroom and technical basic and of course depends on who's teaching...

Its Shuang Shuang.. haa.. she's not that bad...

JE was a guy in charge of the studio but left too...

Hey fruitcake, ammoxx77, ServeChilled etc... what class you all in?

satan_18349 said:

The lessons on photography were mostly darkroom and technical basic and of course depends on who's teaching...

My batch we known her as Suan Suan as she sometimes will suan us man! So for our batch, man......no comments. Jane is gone? Wow.....! I was in the 10th batch when all my classes were held at Telok Kurau Primary School (Haunted School!) but I think we were the first batch to hold our graduation at the new campus.

The problem surface on most lecturers left is because of bad management. The only time the school was still good when late Brother McNally was with us.

din;t know that Pro_Image is from LASALLE-SIA too.
and there are so many others in this forum who are from LASALLE-SIA.

that's a nice surprise.

Jane is a personal friend and a very good lecturer to me. i always go back to her after i graduated from the course and seek her advice and critique on all my photography works.

she's very kind to spare me some of her own private time in order to impart more knowledge to a rather 'slow' me. haha and i really benefitted from all those extra coaching. Jane's really the best if u will really sit down and listen to her lectures and her critiques. :thumbsup:

it is sad to hear that most Part-Time lecturers have left the school. :(

i wonder when the school's moving to the new campus?

Cheesecake said:
din;t know that Pro_Image is from LASALLE-SIA too.
and there are so many others in this forum who are from LASALLE-SIA.

that's a nice surprise.

Jane is a personal friend and a very good lecturer to me. i always go back to her after i graduated from the course and seek her advice and critique on all my photography works.

she's very kind to spare me some of her own private time in order to impart more knowledge to a rather 'slow' me. haha and i really benefitted from all those extra coaching. Jane's really the best if u will really sit down and listen to her lectures and her critiques. :thumbsup:

it is sad to hear that most Part-Time lecturers have left the school. :(

i wonder when the school's moving to the new campus?

No surpsrise lar. I always wanted to study in an art school. It was between NAFA and La Salle. Although NAFA was a better choice at that time but one of my friend who is a fine artist (specialized in oil painting) said to me, "If you have the patience to learn, any institution will do. Does not mean a higher reputation school will make you become a more talented person. You are your own talent."

Was from La Salle but SIA was not involved as yet. There were in the midst of signing the deal with La Salle. After I graduate was only then La Salle was change to La Salle-SIA.

Ya Jane is good if you speak the right language with her. No doubt with her qualification, she is good at was teaching. I learn a lot from her too but only a year with her during my foundation years but it was good enough. The rest of the lecturer was just so so.

La Salle is a good art institution if you can make use of each lecturer's individual talent to guide you. I m not sure about now though.........

I am from LaSalle as well. Actually the person that I miss most is Jimmy the security guard, I heard that he has pass away, can someone confirm this!
Jane was good if you take time to listen to her. As in all the classes, spend less time trying to play the fool and listen. Anymore old birds? Pro image meet up for coffee after CNY.

satan_18349 said:

CD04B now.

Status
Not open for further replies.