EXIFS>>how to view them on com?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GreenEggs_n_Ham

Apr 29, 2003
ok here's how i deal with my pictures

1.take pictures.
2.upload onto my computer via windows explorer.(using usb port)
3.maybe some post processing like resizing/contrast on Adobe photoshop 6.
4.upload onto Pbase with 640x480 pictures
5.realise that after i've uploaded my pictures on to my computer, i can't view exifs anywhere after that, even on Pbase

is there some kind of software i oughtta download to view exifs? or is my camera settings wrong or

:confused: :confused: :confused:

u mean after step 2, u can't view the EXIF anymore?
Originally posted by GreenEggs_n_Ham
ok here's how i deal with my pictures

1.take pictures.
5.realise that after i've uploaded my pictures on to my computer, i can't view exifs anywhere after that, even on Pbase

is there some kind of software i oughtta download to view exifs? or is my camera settings wrong or

:confused: :confused: :confused:

not that i can't view them. it's WHERE?

haha..on my computer, how to i "see" the exifs of my pictures??

software, the software provided by Fuji should do the work.
look for image properties somewhere, sorry but i did not use the software by Fuji before
not that i can't view them. it's WHERE?

haha..on my computer, how to i "see" the exifs of my pictures??

OH.

i think i know what's the problem liao..

i never installed my driver "properly" before...i use Win XP see, and it just self installs my camera's most basic driver the first time i pulg it in, and i cut n paste my pictures onto my harddrive via windows explorer..

so maybe it's cuz it's not Fuji software that imported the pictures, and maybe that's why the exifs were not imported too....

i see i see...shall try it out...

;p ;p ;p

yups, should be the problem
OH.

i think i know what's the problem liao..

i never installed my driver "properly" before...i use Win XP see, and it just self installs my camera's most basic driver the first time i pulg it in, and i cut n paste my pictures onto my harddrive via windows explorer..

so maybe it's cuz it's not Fuji software that imported the pictures, and maybe that's why the exifs were not imported too....

i see i see...shall try it out...

;p ;p ;p

:D :D :D :D

thanks meng! altough it was accidental..haha..
i'm too senile to notice such things lah.hehe...

:thumbsup:
:D :D :D :D

thanks meng! altough it was accidental..haha..
i'm too senile to notice such things lah.hehe...

Hi soldier ;)

It is my duty to inform you...

Ok ok cut the crap...

This is what I think happened for your EXIF information.

1.take pictures.

After point 2, I believe your EXIF information should still be inside the pics you shot w/ your 602.

Right click on the image you wish to view, select properties then select the summary tab (for Windows XP) then click on Advanced. You should see the EXIF information displayed on the properties dialog box.

What I suspect is that after you post processed (EXIF still there) you did a File -> Save for Web. This command option will lose all the EXIF information within the picture, what you can do is to do a File -> Save as instead.

I hope it helps :) On pbase if you uploaded the pic, there should be a link under the image that says Show EXIF clicking on it will view the EXIF.

Also after saving the picture, maybe can verify it's EXIF using the windows explorer (for Windows XP) as described above.

Otherwise consider installing a software like BreezeBrowser that can let you view the EXIF :)

The reason I believe at point 2 that your EXIF still remains is that, I also just plug my camera and download, no drivers installed, the copying is just data copying, or rather files copying, no data will be lost when copying ;) The fault should lie with the saving under Photoshop :)

Cheers.

The EXIF information is saved as part of your jpeg file. If the jpeg file has not been modified, the EXIF info should be intact. You can view the EXIF info using Win XP in the manner described (Properties > Summary > Advanced).

Alternatively you can download a freeware image management program such as Irfanview (download from one of the alternative sites - tucows is usually not working) together with the plug-in that allows you to view the EXIF info. There's much more info available than what is displayed by Win XP.

The EXIF info is sometimes saved with a modified jpeg, and sometimes not, depending on the program used. Not sure about that status of PS 6.0 - you can try saving a jpeg and viewing the EXIF info and reporting back.

Hope this helps.

espn is right.

Standard file copying in whatever way, does not modify EXIF.

2 ways that EXIF can be stripped are when you cut and paste the the images into a new layer in PS or when you use the Save for Web function.

Status
Not open for further replies.