Would you attend?

Results are only viewable after voting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

illustrious

Dec 3, 2003
SK
claudia.sg
I'm trying to find ways to help a friend of mine whom have a pretty large collection of cameras (over 300 pieces) many of which are in good conditions and mostly still usable. The collection range is pretty wide. I'm waiting for more details of his collection from him.

Anyone knows where/ who I can approach about this?

My friend mentioned that he approached the Singapore Museum but they declined his donations of cameras. But I don't think he has any wish to donate to others now. Just want to help him showcase his collections.

Also trying to see the responds of photogs here... if there's this exhibition, would you attend? And if yes, would you pay to attend?

illustrious said:
I'm trying to find ways to help a friend of mine whom have a pretty large collection of cameras (over 300 pieces) many of which are in good conditions and mostly still usable. The collection range is pretty wide. I'm waiting for more details of his collection from him.

Anyone knows where/ who I can approach about this?

My friend mentioned that he approached the Singapore Museum but they declined his donations of cameras. But I don't think he has any wish to donate to others now. Just want to help him showcase his collections.

Also trying to see the responds of photogs here... if there's this exhibition, would you attend? And if yes, would you pay to attend?

What about the new National Library?

T16 said:
What about the new National Library?

Will they be interested?

Also looking for co-exhibitors to do a collaboration kinda thing..

my first time at orgainising such event, really appreciate if anyone familiar can give a few pointers. :)

A lot depends on what these 300 cameras are.

Do they represent a history of photography equipments? Or what?

Can you give an idea of some more interesting items?

You need to show several items that were groundbreaking in the camera industry: like the first SLR, the first digital camera, the first camera with auto mirror return, etc......(I think Pentax will come out first in many aspects :)).

And one need to write the history of the individual camera models, to make it more educational to the public. Also, showcase the different formats, different film sizes, etc.......

Maybe, liase with the Science Center, but they are pretty off at Jurong.

HS

illustrious said:
Will they be interested?

Also looking for co-exhibitors to do a collaboration kinda thing..

my first time at orgainising such event, really appreciate if anyone familiar can give a few pointers. :)

may i ask what is the purpose of your friend to have a camera exhibition? For the sake of recognition (for the massive asset he has), fame, gain (from camera sales or entry fees), trade (with other collectors), educate (the young or old) or exhibit for the sake of exhibiting...

If you want to find a co-exhibitor or find a place/organisation to hold the exhibition, you will need to clearly sell them THE IDEA.

illustrious said:
My friend mentioned that he approached the Singapore Museum but they declined his donations of cameras.

Why not he "donate" out to those passionate "photographer"? Maybe he could help them in a way?

If just want to "showcase" his stuff, i dun think he will have any problem since he can afford 300 over cameras.......
:sweat: ;)

he can donate a DSLR to me. I dun mind. :bsmilie:

Tupi Guy said:
Why not he "donate" out to those passionate "photographer"? Maybe he could help them in a way?

If just want to "showcase" his stuff, i dun think he will have any problem since he can afford 300 over cameras.......
:sweat: ;)

He is still looking for musuems interested to accept his donations. He's a die hard camera enthus and is not looking at earning any returns from his cameras.

I'm in the process of collating more information from him and will post it up for discussion and suggestions from the experience members here.

I am working as a designer in a local exhibition company for the last 6 yrs if there is anything that i can give a hand or 2 pls give me a call at 96705712. My service is free of charge. You may try the singapore stamp musuem.

jasphotography said:
ok, provided that you cover yourself up decently! ;p
I was born naked, I am gonna die naked!

Good to show some rare or 'weird' (unusual) cameras as well,that will attrack visitors too..........

HS

Will go if under S$10,photokina,will pay and go though is expensive.

I think most people will go to the exhibit, if they have some sample shots of those cameras they are expecting to see. If can post some pictures here. :bsmilie:

He could perhaps approach an events planner and see if they could come up with a concept. Can recommend my friend who runs http://www.phish-comms.com/

She normally works with artists and various art collections but has experience in other types of exhibitions too.

Status
Not open for further replies.