excuses for resign letter

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kho King

Jan 20, 2002
shashinki.com
What excuses do u give in your resign letter? Scratching head for some good excuse to quite the current job and work in a new company.

many thanks...

Originally posted by Kho King
What excuses do u give in your resign letter? Scratching head for some good excuse to quite the current job and work in a new company.

many thanks...

no need to include excuse in the resignation letter ...

thanks megaweb.

U mean no reason/excuse is needed in a resign letter? Just write that I wanna resign, and when asked (face to face), then only give the boss my reason/s?

I am new to this...

You do not need to give reason even face to face unless you know e boss well and he's friendly to you or ask you.

Letter do not need to have excuse but need to give advance warning.

many thanks...

Just say "You don't pay me enough". :devil:

Ok, just joking. I have not quit before, so can't help you here.

Regards
CK

thanks megaweb.

U mean no reason/excuse is needed in a resign letter? Just write that I wanna resign, and when asked (face to face), then only give the boss my reason/s?

I am new to this...

ya .. no need to include reason/excuse

just write that u would like to tender ur service from when to when ... your last day is XXX ....

Most of the time people lie in their reasons to resign, so best to tell the truth. If not, probably you can use these.. ;p

- further studies
- family commitments
- moving to somewhere else (relocation)
- better prospect elsewhere
- not interested in the current job, wants a change in environment
- health problem
- personal issues

and the list goes on... :embrass:

Thanks again!

Is there any sample I can refer to? :embrass:

i usually write:

Dear Sir

I, ___________, hereby give your one (1) month's notice of my resignation and my last day of service would be on _______.

Yours faithfully

lavenderlilz

& if asked, usually i would say i found another job but will not say where it is.

just says....

u just strike ToTo and no need to work for the rest of your life? :D

i am going to quit my current job for futher study this month...sigh...missed all these printers around me...

Originally posted by lavenderlilz
i usually write:

Dear Sir

I, ___________, hereby give your one (1) month's notice of my resignation and my last day of service would be on _______.

Yours faithfully
good and simple :thumbsup:
remember to include ur name and staff number in the 1st blank

I recommend you not to include the excuse or reason in the resignation letter is that you do not know whether you will go back to this company to work again. If you include the excuse , the company will record it for future reference. Best is to leave the place peacefully and they cannot do anything to you in the future.

your Name
your Address
your Phone number

date

XXX
Managing Director
XXX Pte Ltd
xxx Address of company

CC HR

Letter of Resignation

Dear XXXX

I, xxx, employee number xxx hereby tender my resignation. I want to thank you for all you have done for me here at xxx. It's been a pleasure working with you, and representing the company as your xxx.

My last date of employment will be xxx. I have enjoyed and learn a lot here. You and the company have been more than fair with me, and I genuinely appreciate all your support.

I wish xxx continued success, and I want to thank you for allowing me to be a part of your team. Please feel free to approach me at any time if I can be of further assistance in helping with a smooth transition over the next 1 month.

Yours Sincerly

your name

Originally posted by zephyr
your Name
your Address
your Phone number

date

XXX
Managing Director
XXX Pte Ltd
xxx Address of company

CC HR

Letter of Resignation

Dear XXXX

I, xxx, employee number xxx hereby tender my resignation. I want to thank you for all you have done for me here at xxx. It's been a pleasure working with you, and representing the company as your xxx.

My last date of employment will be xxx. I have enjoyed and learn a lot here. You and the company have been more than fair with me, and I genuinely appreciate all your support.

I wish xxx continued success, and I want to thank you for allowing me to be a part of your team. Please feel free to approach me at any time if I can be of further assistance in helping with a smooth transition over the next 1 month.

Yours Sincerly

your name

sounds good....like that still can have a chance to go back to the company in future...

Thanks very very much again guys! Without your help, it will probably take me days to draft the letter and comes out with a louzy one.

Thanks again!!! :thumbsup: :kiss: :heart: :)

if you foresee that your company would try very hard retain your services, think about how you may counter any incentives they may offer you.

Status
Not open for further replies.