Exclusive interview with Lumix FZ20 owners in Singapore

Status
Not open for further replies.

LifeWorld

Jan 18, 2002
East Coast
lifeworld.multiply.com
For a start we would like to know is the FZ20 looks solid or plastic to you. How is the feel of the long one? :bsmilie: Is the neck strap really disappointing? :dunno:

have not a chance to test it first.
will do a review when I got a chance.
another guy bought one before me.

Okay a list of items for potential FZ20 owners to get

Circular Polariser ($40) ~ Vitacon brand
UV filter ($12) ~ Vitacon Brand
Monopod ($10-$20)
Lowerpro bag ($30+)
Compatible 3rd party battery ($28) ~ made in Japan
Blower ($18) ~ swiss made, the one i have spoilt liao.
bird bird brand external flash ($30+) ~ no stock

bwilly said:

Monopod ($10-$20)
Lowerpro bag ($30+)

you mentioned u wanted to get the HSBC 25% rebate.
so did u use credit card to pay for the camera? do they charge 2.5% on top of the price?

most of them accept cash or nets only and will add on 2.5% if u wanted to pay by credit card.

anyone know of any shop that sells camera below RRP and accept credit card pymt without additional charges?

wondering got Auto Focus Lock??
no, guess have to MF :D

post-34-1095383144.jpg

pic taken with my fz20..

bwilly said:

Monopod ($10-$20)
Lowerpro bag ($30+)

Linear polarizer works with the FZ20 so need to buy circular polarizer. Any idea how much the linear polarizer will cost? Is the Vitacon brand good? What is the tread size?

What is the bird bird brand external flash?

lightning69 said:
Linear polarizer works with the FZ20 so need to buy circular polarizer. Any idea how much the linear polarizer will cost? Is the Vitacon brand good? What is the tread size?

What is the bird bird brand external flash?

Previously bought the Vitacon LP 72mm for about $15 at AP. Gives same effect as a Circular Polariser which costs about $40/-. Vitacon is good and I feel all brands of filters are more or less the same unless you are comparing multi-coated (anti-reflection) with non-coated ones. Even then, not much difference. :cool:

Btw, what camera have you decided on? Hope it's the FZ20. FZ20 looks like a winner to me. Anyway, I still have 2 spare batteries left over from FZ10 which I can use on the FZ20! ;)

Zenten said:
Previously bought the Vitacon LP 72mm for about $15 at AP. Gives same effect as a Circular Polariser which costs about $40/-. Vitacon is good and I feel all brands of filters are more or less the same unless you are comparing multi-coated (anti-reflection) with non-coated ones. Even then, not much difference. :cool:

Btw, what camera have you decided on? Hope it's the FZ20. FZ20 looks like a winner to me. Anyway, I still have 2 spare batteries left over from FZ10 which I can use on the FZ20! ;)

Most Likely the FZ20...after I saw the review of the FZ3 on DPreview. Anyway I still got about 3 weeks before I go to singapore so hopefully a full review of the FZ20 will be available then.

About filter, I think brand makes a lot of difference like lens. I don't wanna put some optics of leeser quality between my camera and the subject i'm shooting. Any idea how much is a double coated linear polarizer will cost?

lightning69 said:
Most Likely the FZ20...after I saw the review of the FZ3 on DPreview. Anyway I still got about 3 weeks before I go to singapore so hopefully a full review of the FZ20 will be available then.

About filter, I think brand makes a lot of difference like lens. I don't wanna put some optics of leeser quality between my camera and the subject i'm shooting. Any idea how much is a double coated linear polarizer will cost?

It's gonna be at least double the price of an ordinary Circular Polariser, i.e aro $75 to $85 :confused: . Can always check out the price at Ebay.

As for branding, I just found out that Hoya's CPs are made by Tokina in the Philippines. :confused: I bought one on Ebay. Quality is not as good as the Vitacon LP which I first used on my FZ10 because the damned Hoya CP can't shoot thru water reflection and I also have to compensate for 3 f-stops while using it (No kidding) :cry: .

Zenten said:
It's gonna be at least double the price of an ordinary Circular Polariser, i.e aro $75 to $85 :confused: . Can always check out the price at Ebay.

As for branding, I just found out that Hoya's CPs are made by Tokina in the Philippines. :confused: I bought one on Ebay. Quality is not as good as the Vitacon LP which I first used on my FZ10 because the damned Hoya CP can't shoot thru water reflection and I also have to compensate for 3 f-stops while using it (No kidding) :cry: .

Zenten, very chimz. Hope can learn from you guys. :embrass:

I was using a tripod to shoot with my FZ20..
hehe.. ignore the strangers who are looking at me.
(I was shooting via the roadside)

Only walk about 500metres (almost 200shots), before went back to pick wife.

bwilly said:
I was using a tripod to shoot with my FZ20..
hehe.. ignore the strangers who are looking at me.
(I was shooting via the roadside)

Only walk about 500metres (almost 200shots), before went back to pick wife.

Where to view your pics? :dunno:

Status
Not open for further replies.