Exclusive helps from Lumix FZ3 owners in Singapore

Status
Not open for further replies.

LifeWorld

Jan 18, 2002
East Coast
lifeworld.multiply.com
Hi, you are now the proud owner of Lumix FZ3. Hope you could share with us your experience with it. :rbounce:

Is the FZ3 really very small? How is the overall camera quality? :dunno:

It has the similar size of my old Olympus C-700, but the lens is much bigger. I love it. :)
And it's quite light. I'm charging my battery and studying the instruction manual.
I'll spend my weekend with it. Hopefully I can take some good shots of my baby girl (3 months old) :bsmilie:

Savio said:
It has the similar size of my old Olympus C-700, but the lens is much bigger. I love it. :)
And it's quite light. I'm charging my battery and studying the instruction manual.
I'll spend my weekend with it. Hopefully I can take some good shots of my baby girl (3 months old) :bsmilie:

Arrgh! That is very small. Hesitating now! FZ20 or FZ3.

All my love ones are in bed already.
So I'm just comparing my old Olympus C700 with the new FZ3 in the living room. Using some toy as my dummy models. :)
In low light condition w/o using flash, the FZ3 is excellent in AF and can get the shape picture much easier (both cameras set to 10X). I believe the OIS and the assist-lamp helps. :thumbsup:
However, when I turn on the auto flash, the C700 gives me more natural colour. e.g. the wall is light purple. The picture comes out from the FZ3 becomes pale blue and is too white. :( White balance are set to auto for both.
I'm not suprised with the result as one japanese website had mentioned this. They compare the FZ3 with Z3 and it is one of the conditions that makes the FZ3 lose.
Flash light from both cameras are powerful enough for the range of almost 5m. :thumbsup:

Tomorrow, I'll test on daylight shots.... good night!

Yes, I had tried that, but it's the same. :(

You may refer to this website and have a look. They have full comparison on Z3 and FZ3.
http://kazutoku.maxs.jp/c-board/c-board.cgi?cmd=one;no=4061;id=
You may click the web-links at the bottom.
I don't know Japanese, but we can guess from the pictures. Some online translators can help also.

And this one shows the problem that I mentioned.
http://kazutoku.maxs.jp/c-board/c-board.cgi?cmd=one;no=4050;id=

Anyway, this problem doesn't bother me because I don't expect good pictures being taken in dark condition with flash.

The FZ3 wins in most daylight conditions.

Cheers :thumbsup:

I believe adjusting the WB to more red manually can get improvement. :think:
But I always use auto in this condition.

Savio said:
I believe adjusting the WB to more red manually can get improvement. :think:
But I always use auto in this condition.

No, I mean setting the manual WB to your room's lighting. It improve my indoor shots a lot.

I haven't tried that. I may try it later.

Thanks for the advice.

Agreed. I've found the information useful. Thinking of FZ3 or FZ15 (4 MegaPix Variant) :)

I think FZ3 size was just nice for us. FZ15/20 was monstrous. It's so huge. However, it has most features. very tough decision to make. :sweat:

Can I ask the newbie question of:

The difference between FZ20 and FZ3. Other than the megapixel difference, do they do equal performance is image processing, manual controls and movie recording? ;)

SiR09 said:

The difference between FZ20 and FZ3. Other than the megapixel difference, do they do equal performance is image processing, manual controls and movie recording? ;)

Question asked too many times already. Just do a quick search and you will find all the answers you need. ;)

SiR09 said:

They are quite similar except for hotshoe, manual focus, resolutions, price, and size.
And of course the popular 'black'.

Lifeworld had highlighted the main difference between FZ3 & FZ20. The most important factor for me is size. Usually I go outdoors with my family and I need to carry a lot of things. FZ3 has most of the important features like FZ20. Movie mode is not important to me cos I'm using digital camcoder as well. But if I was single, I'd take the FZ20 because it looks more professional and of course it is. I still remember when I was young, I took the huge bag with my Canon AE1 (the tank with manual focus) and a few heavy lens for outings. The FZ20 is too convenient compared with that. :bsmilie:

Savio said:
Lifeworld had highlighted the main difference between FZ3 & FZ20. The most important factor for me is size. Usually I go outdoors with my family and I need to carry a lot of things. FZ3 has most of the important features like FZ20. Movie mode is not important to me cos I'm using digital camcoder as well. But if I was single, I'd take the FZ20 because it looks more professional and of course it is. I still remember when I was young, I took the huge bag with my Canon AE1 (the tank with manual focus) and a few heavy lens for outings. The FZ20 is too convenient compared with that. :bsmilie:

FZ3 has similar movie mode as FZ20. The 10fps is pretty smooth. Think the 30fps should be :thumbsup:

Hey what about some FZ3 pics? You are the only FZ3 owner so far!

I can't get my daughter's authorization to disclose her pictures but I hope she won't mind. And I hope she won't mind I take out some money from the baby bonus account for buying this camera. :bsmilie:

The 1st picture was taken at very low-light condition, no flash and I had even disable the AF assist lamp. The red light is to bright for baby's eyes.

Sorry, may I know is there any way to attach jpgs (from HD)to the post? :dunno:

Status
Not open for further replies.