Excited newbie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Greg0222

Oct 6, 2009
Yio Chu Kang
Hi, all,
This is Greg, and I am very happy to find this wonderful place!
I have a K10d and the 2 set lens since 2006, but didn't use them much. I want to spend some more time on Photography from now on, and really hope I can learn from you guys.

Wow. K10d in 2006 must have been the state-of-the-art model for Pentax. I am still using that too. Welcome.

Welcome! Had a K10D too... Until recently... :p

Hi Greg, welcome. Get ready to be POISONED. Have you seen the K-7 recently? :)

welcome padawan Greg ! The force is strong in you...the rebellion will prevail! :)

Welcome to Pentax forum. I'm sure you'd love staying here :)

For a good start, you can join our monthly outing if you are free on that day.

Cheers and happy shooting.

Wow. K10d in 2006 must have been the state-of-the-art model for Pentax. I am still using that too. Welcome.

Hi, Scorpilh,
I like the camera, my first DSLR, together with the two set lens, and another M50, f/1.7. I got it in Hongkong, with a price comparable to a K-7 now!
I am thinking about one good lens for an upgrade. Let me learn something from this nice forum first. :)

Hi Greg, glad you let us know, welcome and have a lot of fun.;)

Yes, I saw a lot already for this great new Pentax No.1. But think I should start with a new lens first...Hehe

Welcome to Pentax forum. I'm sure you'd love staying here :)

For a good start, you can join our monthly outing if you are free on that day.

Cheers and happy shooting.

Thank you, Feng Wei. Sounds great, I will check that out...

Thanks for encouragement, looking forward to get along with you guys...

A bit more about myself. I have been in Singapore for a year now. Currently working in a MNC. I come from Beijing.
I am new to the forum, and this is my first batch of posts since yesterday. So, please expect some stupid questions from my side :embrass::embrass:

M50/1.7 is one fine maunal lens at a good price. You got it new? There are so many good lenses in the Pentax line-up, especially the primes, its hard to choose which one. But you shouldn't go wrong with any of the Limiteds though. <:

M50/1.7 is one fine maunal lens at a good price. You got it new? There are so many good lenses in the Pentax line-up, especially the primes, its hard to choose which one. But you shouldn't go wrong with any of the Limiteds though. <:

No, I got it from Taobao in China in 2007. I paid about S$60 for this used one. Only problem is very hard to focus. I found it's extremely difficult for any moving object. Plus the speed of K10d is not that quick...

Last edited:
No, I got it from Taobao in China in 2007. I paid about S$60 for this used one. Only problem is very hard to focus. I found it's extremely difficult for any moving object. Plus the speed of K10d is not that quick...

Welcome!

Try one of the Limited primes, will solve the focussing issue since they are all AF. Plus, maybe, 'get' what Pentax, at heart, stands for. :)

I have the M50 f1.7 too, but only using on my ME Super now.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.