Excessive Photoshopping? Danish PJ taken out of Danish Press Photo Awards

Status
Not open for further replies.
It looks over-PSed...

Last edited:
waaaay too obviously PPed

The sad thing is, the trend is actually going towards such form of Ps-ing. Take a look at many of the awards in the photojournalism world, and you will see that a lot of works have selective editing applied to give the pictures a lot more punch than reality.

The danish photographer technically used tools which are allowed in the general code of ethics by photojournalism (curves, saturation), but he has obviously changed the reality of the original shot that it looks more like a photo illustration.

So how much is too much of a good thing ?

like that ...nm's lot of his shots won't able to make it either

just go and tell the editor, that wasn't shoot with digital, is shot with Kodachrome 25 with Tiffen ultra contrast filter. :bsmilie: :bsmilie: :bsmilie:

Well, I suppose you must understand the genre you operate in.

A lot of these people are doing good work, yet I guess their pride in their work has led them to do some very dramatic things that borders over good taste and bad judgement. Remember some of the very dramatic black and white shots taken in the 1950s? A lot of them have undergone extreme dodging and burning, and it would have been debatable in today's world where the scrutiny on manipulated work is a lot stronger.

Reminds me of this incident where a Chinese photographer claims to have waited for 8 days and 8 nights to capture this image.

http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/1976828/posts

bad luck. if another person inspect most probably may accept it. but seriously its alright to me. Mayb technically over processing degrading picture quality in general.

The hokkien phrase comes to mind lol..."Kian do ho, mai ge kian..":bsmilie:

Status
Not open for further replies.