Excess supply of pilots

One day we will have the same problem with doctors and lawyers. That is why the ministers are telling you to be photographers! Hahaha

they can try Indonesia. booming market, not enough quality pilots.

same thing happened in Malaysia years back, too many pilots for MAS to absorb. Many end up doing other jobs.

they can try Indonesia. booming market, not enough quality pilots.

same thing happened in Malaysia years back, too many pilots for MAS to absorb. Many end up doing other jobs.

not every pilot wants to join airlines which have dubious safety records...even if pilot is well trained, it is really difficult to fly a plane when a wing comes off midair...

not every pilot wants to join airlines which have dubious safety records...even if pilot is well trained, it is really difficult to fly a plane when a wing comes off midair...

beggars can't be choosers i guess

dead pilots can't do takeoff again either leh.
who knows, maybe the next vegetable packer you see at a supermarket, used to be a cadet pilot...
i think the lucky ones have finished their CPL at least.

very lucky ones - clocked hrs on nice big multi-engine airliners and get their ratings (quite expensive to do on self-scholarship).

i just realized your cat and my cat are actually facing different ways and both look incredulous. if we put our avatars next to each other our cats would be giving each other dubious looks!

dead pilots can't do takeoff again either leh.
who knows, maybe the next vegetable packer you see at a supermarket, used to be a cadet pilot...
i think the lucky ones have finished their CPL at least.

very lucky ones - clocked hrs on nice big multi-engine airliners and get their ratings (quite expensive to do on self-scholarship).

Yup some SGD $170 K :O

SIA-SQ Bonus payable on 7 JULY is some 1.65 Months...... Silkair's is 3.04 Months ;) ( This is all on basic pay. )

but sq and silkair is same parent right? is sq basic higher than silkair?

i just realized your cat and my cat are actually facing different ways and both look incredulous. if we put our avatars next to each other our cats would be giving each other dubious looks!

You.. don't.. say

:bsmilie:

my cat is better looking. :cool:

Yes same company... it's called SIA Group.... errrrr or Tamasek :p

Pay Obv Depends on job role.... Tech crew very similar.... SQ cabin crew higher....

oh please. Temasek owns almost all the home-grown firms here through their network of holding companies :bsmilie:

Saw a pilot writing on the banner about 'FT' competition during the recent May Day rally, perhaps its true then....
Not surprised since I jog pass Bright Hill Temple and also see that monks also 'outsourced'

Not surprised since I jog pass Bright Hill Temple and also see that monks also 'outsourced'

yes, cos so many young men are just dying to be monks.

is it possible for them to sign-on to air force?

Fly Boeing 747 like F16 quite common - especially in some airlines.

But no airforce would want their F16 pilots to fly their F16 like Boeing 747 leh.

Age requirements, and psychomotor are some of the areas where the Air Force are significantly stricter than airlines. Also airlines require pilots to be above a certain age (iirc it's 26) whereas most air forces require them to be BELOW that age. The RAF is even stricter. All pilots upon receiving their wings must be BELOW 23 years of age before they begin conversion training (which takes approximately 2 years last I read).

So it's unlikely that a cadet pilot can choose to sign on in the Air Force. If anything it's usually the other way around.