excellent day!

Status
Not open for further replies.

guojielun

Dec 28, 2005
EAST
excellent weather today, though i would have appreciated alittle more heat...

i took my nitro helicopter out for a spin. deciding to try my newly aquired lens i attached my 30D with a 17-40 F4L(1day old) setting body on timer mode i brought it up for some shots. it turned out well on the LCD display for the first 10shots or so.

until it's last flight, i flew it up to about 8stories high and WA LA! it came down as fast as it went up only this time it came with a loud here i have lying a useless pile of plastic, glass and metal.

came home smiling to my wife. after dinner we went shopping and she got me another set of 20D and a 17-40 I LOVE MY WIFE! if u're wondering, nope i've no regrets of the pile of rubbish i created. i think it's art, be bold just do it!

wow how you attach the camera to the helicopter =( lol that's very nice of your wife there. but very wasteful man

i didn't have chance to even play... the only thing left was the memory card... after downloading... they're all blurry as it was not focused to anything :bsmilie: and yup my wife is the best!

i attached my body onto the heli with cable ties!

What are you trying to shoot at 8 story high? :think: :think:

Speechless :bigeyes:

neither we're just fun :bsmilie: money can always be earned. life spent cannot be altered.

barracuda said:
there are rich ppl and insane ppl out there ;p

a view from above... can't afford the real heli ride and i took the chances :p

Ola said:
What are you trying to shoot at 8 story high? :think: :think:

can't you mod your heli so that it can have a screwhead on top then u can screw your 30D up? o_o can't believe a 30D falling from the sky! LOL

if i do that the heli is going to be highly unstable and secondly the body will be spinning as much as the blades are. it's not a feasible ideal but nice try!

Koelsch said:
can't you mod your heli so that it can have a screwhead on top then u can screw your 30D up? o_o can't believe a 30D falling from the sky! LOL

may try sitting it on a radio control boat, a huge one of cos and try it again... but i think my wife will stop me :bsmilie:

guojielun said:
may try sitting it on a radio control boat, a huge one of cos and try it again... but i think my wife will stop me :bsmilie:
IT ISN'T FUNNY...u know

:bigeyes:

now im just wondering the next time you try something like that, let me know so i can be there to catch the remains? :bsmilie:

sure no prob... i think 15/04/2006 i'll do it again :bsmilie:

simplicity_ said:
:bigeyes:

now im just wondering the next time you try something like that, let me know so i can be there to catch the remains? :bsmilie:

............ i believe................ like real..............

And I though I got bored in Singapore sometimes!

Crazy (if not a wind up). For reference, for the money wasted in this stunt you could have got approx 1.5-2.0 flying hours in a decent (turbine) real helicopter – or about 6 hours tuition in a little piston chopper. Of course, not in Singapore as I hear civilian helicopters are not allowed here?!?

I calculate the camera weight as lens 475g + camera 700g = 1175g. I’m no expert on model choppers, but this sounds like a hefty payload for a RC chopper. Not surprised you lost lift at 8 stories.

You might also want to consider the result of the unit falling onto a child below. Irresponsible IMHO.

Status
Not open for further replies.