Exasperated......

Status
Not open for further replies.

reachme2003

Oct 6, 2003
recently, at a camera publicity event, there were models in bridal costume, in traditional costume and cultural dancers for us to shoot. there was a short queue waiting for their turn to shoot. CP provided the lights as well as a sync cord. i was in the queue. came a guy with his gears and began to set up his monopod and mounted his camera on it at the front of the queue. he was getting to shoot. i tapped his shoulder and told him that there was a queue of people waiting to shoot. he replied with a smile, 'let me shoot'. so, he shot. i was exasperated. i do not know what to do with people like him.

why are some of us are behaving like this?

hahaha... u mean the shutterbug event? :D

Ok loh, i mean juz find another angle to shoot.

Usually if someone blocks me, I'll try to make full use of another angle, only if really bo pian, die die MUZ that angle then ask ppl to move a little, if he buay zi dong, give me attitude den I'll start to cart out the bombs and bullets.

the shoot in question was meant for one photographer at a time. that was why a short queue has formed.

reachme2003 said:
recently, at a camera publicity event, there were models in bridal costume, in traditional costume and cultural dancers for us to shoot. there was a short queue waiting for their turn to shoot. CP provided the lights as well as a sync cord. i was in the queue. came a guy with his gears and began to set up his monopod and mounted his camera on it at the front of the queue. he was getting to shoot. i tapped his shoulder and told him that there was a queue of people waiting to shoot. he replied with a smile, 'let me shoot'. so, he shot. i was exasperated. i do not know what to do with people like him.

Yeah, Kick his crotch and smile too...

i do not want to be accused of causing grievious hurt.

reachme2003 said:
i do not want to be accused of causing grievious hurt.

well, he took your place, if you dun try to at least embrass him, tug his strap hard to make him fall over. :eek:

i know i'm bad... :devil:

dun ever cut my queue.

reachme2003 said:

its amazing such people of such nature exist. i've come acrossed a few of such disgusting and ridiculous behaviour like the one u mentioned.

oh well, just do every in ur part & dun bring urself down comparable to such a mornoic behaviour like his by starting a fight or something. not worth it...

reachme2003 said:

What I would have done: take a picture of him, and post it here for public shaming.

reachme2003 said:

This event was to let potential customers try out the new 1ds mk2 ... it seems pretty strange that people view it as a photo/studio opportunity ....
the camera was rigged with a radio trigger to fire off the elinchrom strobes to probably discourage people from using other cameras to shoot...

I would have thought the intentions were clear enough ...

of course there would be many that would argue that this is a public event...

in any case ...

Happy shooting ... :)

reachme2003 said:

OK now, who was it? Own up now! :bsmilie: :bsmilie: :bsmilie:

Come on, it's just another free-for-all model shoot, why get so stressed up over it??

CaeSiuM said:
OK now, who was it? Own up now! :bsmilie: :bsmilie: :bsmilie:

Come on, it's just another free-for-all model shoot, why get so stressed up over it??

no stress. are you saying that for 'free-for-all model shoot', one can behave without decorum?

reachme2003 said:

Really jia-lat!!! Hope that guy is not a CS'er....shame on him!!! :thumbsd:

melnjes said:
What I would have done: take a picture of him, and post it here for public shaming.

Agree man! Take a pics of his smiling face and post here for all to see!!!
:devil:

Status
Not open for further replies.