Exalt/Smite? :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

hammer_400

Nov 13, 2003
Sg

hi guys, do u think we can implement something like this in CS?
have'nt seen anything like this b4, onli in ONE other forum.
in another forum i go to, we have this system, so when someone does something nice or is helpful to you, u can 'exalt' him and he gets +1 karma. likewise if a smartass goes aroud spouting nonsense or is mean to ya, you can smite him and he gets -1 karma.
it's limited to one exalt/smite per hour there. i think it's pretty useful, as u will get to noe those
nice 'high karma' pple not by how many posts they have....
it'll also give a 'pat on the back' to the nice folk around here, n a gentle slap on the wrist to those not so tactful pple :p :cheers:
not sure how hard it is to implement but i can give the forum address to you if u want.

Darren

ClubSNAP Admin
Staff member
Jan 16, 2002
Melbourne
hammer_400 said:
hi guys, do u think we can implement something like this in CS?
have'nt seen anything like this b4, onli in ONE other forum.
in another forum i go to, we have this system, so when someone does something nice or is helpful to you, u can 'exalt' him and he gets +1 karma. likewise if a smartass goes aroud spouting nonsense or is mean to ya, you can smite him and he gets -1 karma.
it's limited to one exalt/smite per hour there. i think it's pretty useful, as u will get to noe those
nice 'high karma' pple not by how many posts they have....
it'll also give a 'pat on the back' to the nice folk around here, n a gentle slap on the wrist to those not so tactful pple :p :cheers:
not sure how hard it is to implement but i can give the forum address to you if u want.
There is already something similiar built-in to the software that we are using - the Reputation system - but we made a conscious decision not to turn it on based on HWZ's experience with the same.

In HWZ's case, within a few days, it became apparent that the Reputation system was being misused and abused and HWZ eventually turned it off.

hammer_400

Nov 13, 2003
Sg
so no chance :( ... i would give u +1 karma for the quick response :p
but i'm glad that the mods are so active to reply quickly, and explaining thier actions and reasons :thumbsup:

Status
Not open for further replies.