EX25 with 70-300mm

Status
Not open for further replies.

denizenx

Feb 1, 2002
L2TPYSG
Visit site
Just got it from one of the bros here...
this combo doesn't vary in mag ratio throughout the whole range.
So I sorta realised that the zoom works as a fantastic MF ring. Works from about 15cm to 2-3m...

Sharpness not v impressive so far (kinda like fresnel filters). But DOF shifts through the focal range, as is sharpness (short/sharp to deep/astig). Where normal focus and EX25 overlaps, it's much sharper without -- obvious CA's with EX25.

Haven't tried anything more than test shots with my metal watch. Will try with better lighting (higher f stops) later.

thanks for sharing! was thinking of pairing EX-25 with my 40-150, any comments?

btw is the 70-300 sharp as a 1:1 macro lens? AF fast?

Just got it from one of the bros here...
this combo doesn't vary in mag ratio throughout the whole range.
So I sorta realised that the zoom works as a fantastic MF ring. Works from about 15cm to 2-3m...

Sharpness not v impressive so far (kinda like fresnel filters). But DOF shifts through the focal range, as is sharpness (short/sharp to deep/astig). Where normal focus and EX25 overlaps, it's much sharper without -- obvious CA's with EX25.

Haven't tried anything more than test shots with my metal watch. Will try with better lighting (higher f stops) later.

Extension tubes are better matched with short focal lengths, at telephoto focal lengths (90mm and above) the magnification isn't significant.

you can see the magnification conversion of the EX25 with all compatible 4/3s lenses here:
http://www.four-thirds.org/en/fourthirds/popup/extension_detail.html

as for sharpness, i think the 70-300 should be a good performer when stopped down to f8 but a flash will be handy for close-ups.

thanks for sharing! was thinking of pairing EX-25 with my 40-150, any comments?

btw is the 70-300 sharp as a 1:1 macro lens? AF fast?

i paired the EX25 with the 40-150/f3.5-4.5 (old version) for close ups and was very happy with the result. think the new version is sharper.

old shot from this combination
2128356253_672986c963.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.