EveRywhere Pay

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good. I never wanted to get a car anyways.

Walking makes you see so much more, especially when Singapore is so small.

not wise for transport shares becos..crude oil will be rebounding soon.

for those who are driving please take note....just happen to come across this news from the internet.....

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Aug 23, 2007
More ERP gantries, extended hours from Nov
By Melissa Kok
IN A bid to reduce traffic congestion along expressways and roads and encourage commuters to use alternative routes, the Land Transport Authority (LTA) is setting up more Electronic Road Pricing (ERP) gantry points, and extending the operational hours of current points.

From Nov 1, the morning Electronic Road Pricing (ERP) hours will be extended from 7am to 11am during weekdays on the south-bound Central Expressway (CTE) for motorists entering CTE from the slip road between Ang Mo Kio 1 and Braddell Road.

Currently, the ERP hours are from 7.30am to 9.30am.

Motorists will also be charged 50 cents for entering the CTE between 7am and 7.30am as well as between 9.30am to 11am.

There will be no changes to ERP charges at the other three gantries on the south-bound CTE.

On the north-bound CTE, a new gantry - north of the Pan-Island Expressway (PIE) exit - will be operational between 5.30pm and 10.30pm.

On the east-bound East Coast Parkway, two new gantries have been installed - one before the Rochor Road exit and the other on the Ophir Road slip road.

They will be operational between 6pm and 8pm on weekdays.

On the south-bound Bukit Timah Expressway (BKE), a new gantry has also been built after the Dairy Farm exit, before the BKE joins the PIE. It will be operational from 7.30am to 9am.

Five more new gantries are planned. They will be built at Toa Payoh Lorong 6, Upper Boon Keng Road, Kallang Bahru Road, Geylang Bahru Road and Upper Hume Avenue.

The LTA says it will monitor the traffic conditions along those roads. If they do not meet the optimum speeds of above 45kph on expressways and 20kph on other roads, LTA will activate the gantry points.

LTA made these announcements on Thursday following Transport Minister Raymond Lim's visit to the completed first phase of the upcoming Kallang Paya Lebar Expressway (KPE).

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This was "expected" too right? with everthing going up..it is only a matter of time. Looks like I have to give up taxi to work now if they put the damn ERp to 11am. I sometime go to work later so I can beat the 9.30am thingy and save at the PIE and CTE for my TAXI ride.

I love cars and a big fan but this just reaffirm why I should still not learn to drive to get my license and buy a damn car in Singapore.

not wise for transport shares becos..crude oil will be rebounding soon.

Then they'll have more justification to increase fares, and increase revenue for their company.

for those who are driving please take note....just happen to come across this news from the internet.....

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Aug 23, 2007
More ERP gantries, extended hours from Nov
By Melissa Kok
IN A bid to reduce traffic congestion along expressways and roads and encourage commuters to use alternative routes, the Land Transport Authority (LTA) is setting up more Electronic Road Pricing (ERP) gantry points, and extending the operational hours of current points.

From Nov 1, the morning Electronic Road Pricing (ERP) hours will be extended from 7am to 11am during weekdays on the south-bound Central Expressway (CTE) for motorists entering CTE from the slip road between Ang Mo Kio 1 and Braddell Road.

Currently, the ERP hours are from 7.30am to 9.30am.

Motorists will also be charged 50 cents for entering the CTE between 7am and 7.30am as well as between 9.30am to 11am.

There will be no changes to ERP charges at the other three gantries on the south-bound CTE.

On the north-bound CTE, a new gantry - north of the Pan-Island Expressway (PIE) exit - will be operational between 5.30pm and 10.30pm.

On the east-bound East Coast Parkway, two new gantries have been installed - one before the Rochor Road exit and the other on the Ophir Road slip road.

They will be operational between 6pm and 8pm on weekdays.

On the south-bound Bukit Timah Expressway (BKE), a new gantry has also been built after the Dairy Farm exit, before the BKE joins the PIE. It will be operational from 7.30am to 9am.

Five more new gantries are planned. They will be built at Toa Payoh Lorong 6, Upper Boon Keng Road, Kallang Bahru Road, Geylang Bahru Road and Upper Hume Avenue.

The LTA says it will monitor the traffic conditions along those roads. If they do not meet the optimum speeds of above 45kph on expressways and 20kph on other roads, LTA will activate the gantry points.

LTA made these announcements on Thursday following Transport Minister Raymond Lim's visit to the completed first phase of the upcoming Kallang Paya Lebar Expressway (KPE).

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

i can see a vision of Singapore City planted full of "stick like" metallic structures called gantries. :bsmilie:

This was "expected" too right? with everthing going up..it is only a matter of time. Looks like I have to give up taxi to work now if they put the damn ERp to 11am. I sometime go to work later so I can beat the 9.30am thingy and save at the PIE and CTE for my TAXI ride.

I love cars and a big fan but this just reaffirm why I should still not learn to drive to get my license and buy a damn car in Singapore.

learn to ride! :thumbsup:

life on 2 wheels is the best! :thumbsup:

The rate at which humanity is progressing, it ain't worth living anymore.
No, this has nothing to do with this ERP thingy.

Bloody depressing place.

Pay your way to your grave.

Bloody depressing place.

cheer up! :bsmilie:

Cuz you are not the only one paying. ;)
Whether u r 33 or 66 all oso must pay !!! :cool:

I am loving it :heart:

Mac Donalds

:bsmilie: ;)

Bloody depressing place.

Not end of the world yet.
What doesn't kills you will makes you stronger.

:cool: :D :cool:

This is really what I called the 'blind scholars' or 'one sided mind track'. They are hoping to have 'smoother' traffic on the expressways, but never foresee that the higher traffic flow on the normal roads, which then increases the risk for the pedestrains and cyclists or even the elderly.

After some time of driving on the expressways, some drivers will tends to drive as fast on the city roads as if they are driving on the expressways, or simply already lack the patience to go slower, thus, road accidents on the city road may increase as the result of the fare hike in ERP and extension of timing.

Also, so much talks about family friendly working environment or pro-family policies. These new fare hike only cause more people to leave home much earlier and stay back office much later to avoid the ERP payment.

Then of course, at the same time, there can be more excuses in the future for taxi fare to request for fare hikes, given the high oil price and now the higher ERP charges. And to the PTC, it's 'perfectly' justified that the taxi operators request for fare hike due to the higher 'operating cost'.

In the end, who suffers? All the little peasants like us, of whom, someone just said that you all are now expected to work till later and only can your life savings much later also. Don't expect us to take care of you because you must take care of yourself, we can help you by delaying your life saving money to later time, but not taking care of you.

Let me tell you the amount of stress in this society.

I was driving on CTE towards AMK around 9 PM last night. I see a guy joining CTE from PIE. He knows I am at the same speed as he is, but blindly wants to bulldoze his way through. I say "ok lah. you are f**king stressed in life. please, come join ahead of me" and I slow down to give him way. The guy behind me cannot tahan that. He blinks at me and honks. WTF ??? I was not even in the f**kin Lane 1 :bigeyes:

This is the beginning of the END.

If ERP is meant to regulate traffic, it sure is doing a wonderful job :thumbsup:
Ever driven at 6:45 AM on CTE coming towards the city ? Do it once and you will know how wonderful a job its doing.

Peace.

Cuz you are not the only one paying. ;)
Whether u r 33 or 66 all oso must pay !!! :cool:

I am loving it :heart:

Mac Donalds

There is a saying which is quite offensive and I still have the decency not to say it in public. Will PM you. Just for fun, ok ? Nothing personal.

This is really what I called the 'blind scholars' or 'one sided mind track'. They are hoping to have 'smoother' traffic on the expressways, but never foresee that the higher traffic flow on the normal roads, which then increases the risk for the pedestrains and cyclists or even the elderly.

After some time of driving on the expressways, some drivers will tends to drive as fast on the city roads as if they are driving on the expressways, or simply already lack the patience to go slower, thus, road accidents on the city road may increase as the result of the fare hike in ERP and extension of timing.

Also, so much talks about family friendly working environment or pro-family policies. These new fare hike only cause more people to leave home much earlier and stay back office much later to avoid the ERP payment.

Then of course, at the same time, there can be more excuses in the future for taxi fare to request for fare hikes, given the high oil price and now the higher ERP charges. And to the PTC, it's 'perfectly' justified that the taxi operators request for fare hike due to the higher 'operating cost'.

In the end, who suffers? All the little peasants like us, of whom, someone just said that you all are now expected to work till later and only can your life savings much later also. Don't expect us to take care of you because you must take care of yourself, we can help you by delaying your life saving money to later time, but not taking care of you.

Risk is one thing.

If there is an alternative route where you choose to get a slower ride at the expense of NOT paying ERP, I can still understand the purpose of ERP.

If paying an ERP of S$7.50 ensures that I get a smooth ride into city, I will pay.
The fact is that it doesn't. It still takes 1 hour in peak period traffic to reach the city, from AMK. Not to account for the additional stress that it generates in the people when they are stuck in traffic.

And those of you who enjoy coming to work packed like sardines in the buses/MRTs and with sweat dripping from their shirts and stinking all day, well, if this is what you call a white collared job, then there is something seriously wrong with mankind.

I have had enough for today.

Good night folks.

Status
Not open for further replies.