Everything about "VPOST" USA/JAPAN

Status
Not open for further replies.

Haze

Aug 16, 2005
Anyone order online thru vpost? Is it worth and fuss free?

What is the website you likes to shop?

I've used Vpost USA to buy hiking shoes at REI as it will not ship brands that have local distributor.

Unfortunately, I've to pay the US state tax and the Singapore GST.

It's good to use Vpost for online merchants that don't ship stuff to Singapore.

HTH.

I've used Vpost USA to buy hiking shoes at REI as it will not ship brands that have local distributor.

HTH.

Do you think is worth the price? I don't have much idea what to shop. prefer clothing :p

Personally for me, it's worth the price as I don't need to go down to USA just to get that particular brand of hiking shoe.:)

HTH.

Do you think is worth the price? I don't have much idea what to shop. prefer clothing :p

Oic.. thanks ya.

Thought of buying abercrombie & fitch ..

Oic.. thanks ya.

Thought of buying abercrombie & fitch ..

abercombie got some copy right thingy..

if u buy without a US credit card and make it ship to places like Vpost they will charge very high shipping

if u buy without a US credit card and make it ship to places like Vpost they will charge very high shipping

oh really.. :(

Not true bro as I don't have a USA issued credit card and have been using vPost USA for four years. :)

Been using UOB Visa as well as PayPal but prefer PayPal payment. ;)

Fyi, vpost even delivers on public holiday eg got a parcel from vPost this morning (Good Friday) :thumbsup:

Sorry but what you've written is pure rubbish!
Been a vPost user for years buying a lot of different stuff. Clearly not the case.

well, depends...

like my current shipment from vpost coming in from US, i've can get cheaper rates direct from Amazon if i dun buy 1 of the items that amazon dun ship overseas, hence now it ships from 4 location in US to the centre, and i got 4 parcels... and another from another vendor in US which definitely dun ship to sg, hence 5 parcels on the way.

From japan which i received yesterday, 2 parcels, japanese retailers definitely dun sell to sg, esp some dun even accept other cards than japan issued ones. those you have to even use a proxy to buy. so if u can get it to vpost, its good enuff already.

well, depends...

like my current shipment from vpost coming in from US, i've can get cheaper rates direct from Amazon if i dun buy 1 of the items that amazon dun ship overseas, hence now it ships from 4 location in US to the centre, and i got 4 parcels... and another from another vendor in US which definitely dun ship to sg, hence 5 parcels on the way.

From japan which i received yesterday, 2 parcels, japanese retailers definitely dun sell to sg, esp some dun even accept other cards than japan issued ones. those you have to even use a proxy to buy. so if u can get it to vpost, its good enuff already.

share the japanese website leh. What did u buy? I never buy thru vpost b4, wonder is it difficult to use.

wan to buy ax and abercrombie stuff, anyone wan to combine purchase?

Sorry but what you've written is pure rubbish!
Been a vPost user for years buying a lot of different stuff. Clearly not the case.

sorry but i share more on what the other user is trying to express. abercrombie doesnt ship to vpost address. you can place the orders but it will get cancelled. abercrombie is kinda anal about this. even if i use comgateway also doesnt help in this matter. abercrombie wont ship to these forwarding address, kinda blackmarked by them already. so the only way to buy abercrombie items is to use their in-house shipping which is fedex or ups (cant remember already) which charge way higher fees than compared to vpost charges.

Anyone order online thru vpost? Is it worth and fuss free?

What is the website you likes to shop?

yeah, been using their service for years. Mainly from site like ebay.com or amazon.com

Only screwed up once. I got a package that does not belong to me, while I lost mine. Sort that out in 2-3 weeks. Not a problem for me, cause all my package is never an urgent package. All for personal use.

Other than that, it's been good.

share the japanese website leh. What did u buy? I never buy thru vpost b4, wonder is it difficult to use.

ah nia, what i buy may not be what u want lor...

btw, fancl stuff quite cheap from their online store, not all, some only, my gf lompang with my order... those sg cannot get ones.

Vpost is only useful for places that refuse to ship to Singapore. Otherwise, its less hassle to just ship direct.

Vpost is also good if nothing goes wrong, however if somethign goes wrong, they are very very very very very slow to do anything about it. You will be better talking to the wall and emails go down a black hole.

Agree, VPOST is only good for items which do not ship directly

If you ship to the Oregon address, you avoid tax as Portland has no sales tax

Bear in mind certains items do not ship eg speakers. I do not find their service great and whereever possible I avoid them....

A thread on some tips:

http://www.xtremeplace.com/yabbse/index.php?topic=50034.0

HTH.

Status
Not open for further replies.