Everyone driver hates ERP....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hahaha. :bsmilie:
I like the part when someone suggested mrt and said it won the best passenger experience award.

Last edited:
I hate traffic jam!

I agreed with Governmnet's objective of controlling car population, but whether ERP is the solution or not, I doubt it is effective.

its an aspiration for most to work to own 1, ERP or not. for a long time the cost is not an issue. :cool:

Even with ERP around, there are still traffic jams.
But without ERP, just maybe it ll be worst.

i just cant stand ERP during Saturdays evening as well, its ridiculous.

Even with ERP around, there are still traffic jams.
But without ERP, just maybe it ll be worst.

i just cant stand ERP during Saturdays evening as well, its ridiculous.

agree... ERP on weekdays in the business district is ok. but ERP for a full day on saturday in the shopping district??? wtf??? :angry:

folks. do yourselves a favour.

watch the movie where this clip was taken from.

the title is Der Untergang or Downfall.

one of the most powerful films I've seen where it portrays Hitler as a human being.

One way to feel the traffic flow is to remove all ERP charging for a few days.. say for 2 weeks and let all the motorists move freely without ERP.

We can then compare, comment and suggest!

Yeah, it ain't no fun getting the beep everyday and several times a day. Then, you got to top up that card so very often.

But for me, I just love it - it's a breeze passing thru the CTE without the jams once or twice a week at the most. To me, it's a dollar or two each time, say like 20bucks a month or thereabout.

One way to feel the traffic flow is to remove all ERP charging for a few days.. say for 2 weeks and let all the motorists move freely without ERP.

that day is the day power supply got major disruption, gantry not working, MC!:bsmilie:

that day is the day power supply got major disruption, gantry not working, MC!:bsmilie:

You are right. Let us assume that all the ERPs are out of order!

Take it as an emergency exercise.

If you never experience it, you will never feel the impact!

the more cars people buy to drive... the more they will rise.:devil:

More cars more jam and of course more ERP....

quotas for vehicles on the roads are controlled by LTA..to have more or less vehicles on the roads is still up to LTA..check out stat board for coe quotas..and u noe who create the traffic jams..

Interesting.

Why do we need ERP ? Think again why traffic jam ?

Our major industry factory located at west -Jurong, business central at south -Shenton Way, container port at south, new HDB flat at east - Tampines, Pasir Ris & etc.

Urban planning is not an easy job, if you stay at Tampines, and working at Jurong, can imaging the amount of travelling required. Every morning millions of people have to go work and study almost at the same time in a small island of Singapore. To have traffic jam is normal.

Yeah, it ain't no fun getting the beep everyday and several times a day. Then, you got to top up that card so very often.

But for me, I just love it - it's a breeze passing thru the CTE without the jams once or twice a week at the most. To me, it's a dollar or two each time, say like 20bucks a month or thereabout.

If you take the CTE, you'll see that most motorist turned off just before AMK Gantry. The CTE before that slip-road jams are even worse with so much traffic filtering off into the trunk road.

Then, you'll also know that these traffic are causing alternate routes to be jammed as well, especially with start-stop traffic with traffic lights.

Then you'll see ERP gantries at these alternative routes...then it's back to square one since it's as expensive to travel there too.

then you'll see your $20/month become $40/month...then..$80... and so on.
:eek:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.