Every photo must be post processed?

Interested to know how many pp post processed photos

Results are only viewable after voting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

CreaXion

Jun 15, 2006
Planet Earth
Very interested to know how many people believed that every photo must be post processed.

Oh no. just realised wrong poll. The last option shd be 75% to be post processed

whats the difference between option 1 & option 4 ?

There's really no other alternative if you shoot in raw; have to go through the raw processing workflow.

There's really no other alternative if you shoot in raw; have to go through the raw processing workflow.

Yeah Hoh. Maybe shd have another poll on how many pp shd raw?

i post process all photos that i want to show people.
it's kinda like having pride in your own work that you want others to see the best and not simply chuck them a bunch of pictures which CAN be made better to enhance their viewing experience.

Very interested to know how many people believed that every photo must be post processed.

Oh no. just realised wrong poll. The last option shd be 75% to be post processed
I post-process all, in standard unsharp mask, contrast. And up highlights & shadows for some which had highlights blown or shadows not showing.

Certainly I'll process all photos that I want to show or to print. Capturing is only halfway there. With colour film, we normally leave it to the labs to process, but that's not always getting the colour that we want. With digital, I can control EVERYTHING, so why not.

For me its a matter of whether the photo can give a better impact if post-processed. Usually it is but there have been cases where I leave the photo alone apart from the usual sharpening, auto-leveling, etc.

Usually I process all my RAW files (that is, if I got time :sweat: , does that consider as post-process also?), after that I seldom do further processing unless I really like that photo enough for me to spend further effort in it.
Sometime however the original jpg file is better than the processed file though (especially the colour), my RAW processing skill suck :cry: (anyone can teach me?)

I used to post process every image when I shoot for other people. But when you get 300 images to do, it becomes very labour intensive and it'll cause my per hourly rate to pluuuuunge.

Now, I still do, but as little as possible.

(I shoot at highest-quality JPEG)

Hmm, I voted for 100%post processed... here's why

This is my workflow:
Fire up Adobe Bridge
Tag pictures which are worth keeping with one star

Filter => 1 star or more
Look at images which require more than simple post-processing, tag two stars

Filter => Unrated items
Look through again, select pictures which may have missed 1st time around (appeal cases =P), tag with one star

Filter => 1 star or more
Open the lot with camera raw, do basic post processing adjustments (exposure, WB etc)
Save the lot

Filter => 2 stars or more
Open individually and give special attention to these images.

Yup... 100% because i do minor tweaks to every single pic that passes round 1.
Cheers =)
QX

Only processed those there are worthy. Those scheduled for deletion will not be processed. hee.

Also, if I shoot free (for practice, etc), I dun post process my photos and will know the organisers know before hand this fact that I am not touching up the pic.

Depends on what is defined as processing. First up is to x all the blur and bad compostion shots. Then x bad compostion shots. Blur shot with good composition can be post-processed. Very nice shots are post-processed intensively using photoshop but they usually end back up at square 1; the original looks nicer. Other shots that look bad in colour and tones undego basic colour touchup. So 100% processing for all shots but only 10% that goes into intensive photoshopping.

i think all photos need at least a cursory glance to decide if further action is needed, and the time and effort spent looking at it and making that decision is in fact, post-processing.

Every single photos. Used to edit JPEG until i switched to RAW for that purpose. Heh, now more hassle because no in-camera PP :D

If it's event type of shoot, I'll go group the shots into different packages and apply edits to them.

Status
Not open for further replies.