Ever wonder if somebody make a silicon cover for your DSLR?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Del_CtrlnoAlt

Feb 15, 2003
Outside the Dry Box.
Visit site
Hmm i'm thinking, anybody knows where to buy & material to fuse silicon sheets?

cos i am thinking, instead of gaffer, y not have 1 like the silicon rubber type of cover for handphones, would be so cool... esp if its like black or transparent, nice to feel too... scratch resistant and maybe an opending for LCD...

prob not... those things attract dust like nobody's business.

I went to the shop here that wraps the plastic on the phones and cameras, I asked him if he could wrap DSLRs, he said he can wrap cameras. So I pulled out my 300D and he said "no! it's too big!"
:( he probably COULD do it, if i paid a lot...

adamadam said:
I went to the shop here that wraps the plastic on the phones and cameras, I asked him if he could wrap DSLRs, he said he can wrap cameras. So I pulled out my 300D and he said "no! it's too big!"

how much?

i like those silicon textured type... spongy grip...

hmm wat wrap is that btw...

adamadam said:

uh is that gmask? they damage your devices more than protecting it.

it is quite impractical to wrap the whole DSLR because you need to open the covers for the battery, cover for the CF cards, etc .... :nono:

try squeezing 1 whole tube of silicone sealant! waterproof at d same time!

*spoil dun find me*

:bsmilie:

got such thing as rubberized paint? :think:

adamadam said:

You can if you use the cling wrap!!

Or shrink wrap!!

I think the latter is better.

Just buy the shrink wrap plastic and cut to size. Wrap the body and use the heater-cutter and go over it. Then use the hair dryer (heat mode) and the wrapper shrinks to fit the body!

It looks good for display in the shop front. But I doubt you want to cut a hole in the mount area and attach the lens to shoot. If so, no more weather seal!

:bsmilie: :bsmilie:

I would like mine to have GT racing stripes, an air foil, low profile tyres and bucket seats.

Oh .... you are talking about cars :dunno:

I hope so because I was thinking how a silicon covered car would have less wind resistance.

:bsmilie: :bsmilie:

sORe-EyEz said:
got such thing as rubberized paint? :think:
Yes, my notebook. Asus. Used rubberized paint on handrest surface. After 1 or 2 years it become sticky. It is so painful and make me want to remove it. Imagine if it is sticky on your dSLR :sweat: .

Regards,
Arto.

Del_CtrlnoAlt said:
Hmm i'm thinking, anybody knows where to buy & material to fuse silicon sheets?

cos i am thinking, instead of gaffer, y not have 1 like the silicon rubber type of cover for handphones, would be so cool... esp if its like black or transparent, nice to feel too... scratch resistant and maybe an opending for LCD...

Bro, u going to war is it ? :cool:

King Tiger said:
Bro, u going to war is it ? :cool:

haha no mah camera is to keep pretty pretty to admire and show off.. if diry or scratched how??

kidding lah.. but keeping the camera in gd condition is good for 2nd hand price bah... for ppl who like to upgrade often.. guess its impt

Canonised said:
it is quite impractical to wrap the whole DSLR because you need to open the covers for the battery, cover for the CF cards, etc .... :nono:

sorry, cannot help not replying .... after wrapping ... you got yourself a PNS ...:bsmilie:

Cheers.

y do u want to wrap it when the rubberized parts of your dslr provide for your grip?

dr34mc4st3r said:
i feel that gaffer tape is good enough liao..

yup gaffer suffices actually.. for me i gaffer my 350d cuz of the inherent texture of my body, since its matte feel and does wear off easily.. so a good gaffering would do it well =) since anyways i've created templates for the body... ;p :bsmilie:

:think: crazy aint i? lol but yea gaffer does the job well enuff...

Status
Not open for further replies.