Ever think of dying? At wat age?

Status
Not open for further replies.
soma said:
In human world either you are a burden to other or someone is a burden to you whether you like it or not.
Yeah lor, that's why death is a relief and benefit to oneself and other people. How I hope
I knew this on eht day I was born.

dRebelXT said:
Yeah lor, that's why death is a relief and benefit to oneself and other people. How I hope
I knew this on eht day I was born.

You don't sound like a burden to other but seem like you are having a very heavy burden on your shoulder.:(

Every one dies eventually; we're part of nature and it is the natural for things to not last forever.

I think we should continually remind ourselves that we can die anytime. By doing this, we can become happier people! It's not morbidity. Why? Because we know that we have to cherish every moment, we can forgive others easily too. :)

If you want to learn more about a good way to live, why not visit the Buddhist Society of Western Australia website at http://www.bswa.org/? There's a monk called Ajahn Brahm, who is quite an interesting speaker and he has an interesting view of death. Go to Dhamma talks > Dhamma audio > Ajahn Brahmavamso for an index.

Don't for a moment think that when you die you just go away like going on a eternal voyage that never returns.

The fact is that you never leave. You are still around and joining the model shoot if you so wish. Only you do not have to pay the model fees. :)

In another 80 years if there is enough people burning the paper laptops you could see ex-photo forumers posting from the other world. And a 20 something smart alec photog here will ask, "How's hell?"

The ex-photo forumer will answer, "It's pretty dark here. Can you burn a sensor capable of 4000 ISO for me?"

:bsmilie:

everyone wants to go to heaven but no one wants to die!

Canonised said:

Ehh.... but you have to die first right? :dunno:

I guess everyone has thought of death at a stage of his / her life, the sad thing is no matter how prepared we think we are about death, it still catches us unawares....:(

"You will die in 7 days" :)
Too young to think of death. :D

soma said:
Sorry to post this but just curious about it since it's the seven month. :sweatsm:
Hey guys,
To me, it doesn't really matter which age I wanna leave this world. IMHO, accidents like the 9-11 attacks, plane crashes or even nature disasters just indicates that it is time for you to go, and the God of your religion has probably got other plans for you. I know it sounds tactless but it's one of the positive ways of looking at death.

All I am asking is to leave in peace with absolutely no emotional, psychological or physical pain. If anybody watched that Spanish film The Sea Inside, you will know what I mean.

I don't want to live too long either as well. Remember Mdm. Chiang Kiak Shiek, aka Soong Mei Ling? She lived until 100+ but I don't think it makes her a happy woman. What's the point of living so old where all your loved ones and friends are all gone and nobody at your wake?

Just my two cents worth.

Cheers,
-Mich- :p

Canonised said:
Heaven, Hell, Promises of Eternal Life...

All these will exist where your mind believes in.

I had enuff of religious bulls**t, thus going where doesn't matter.
If God kicks me to Hell, so be it.
If God brings me to Heaven, so be it.
Eternal Life, Eternal Paradise, what's the use of it when u are already dead? :dunno:

I ever think that 50 years old is the right age to die, at least for me.

But as i grow older, i also realize it doesn't matter when i die.
Cause i know that even if i am to die the next hour, i will not be doing anything different if i were to die 100 years later.

jsbn said:
Heaven, Hell, Promises of Eternal Life...

All these will exist where your mind believes in.

I had enuff of religious bulls**t, thus going where doesn't matter.
If God kicks me to Hell, so be it.
If God brings me to Heaven, so be it.
Eternal Life, Eternal Paradise, what's the use of it when u are already dead? :dunno:

But alot believe that dead is only the body but not the soul. Just wonder do we become invisible man when dead??:sweatsm:

i wanna die while holding the camera, and die while shooting..............;)

Status
Not open for further replies.