Ever hear marbles dropping late at night from upstairs?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wai

Jan 17, 2002
South Pole with Penguin
singastro.org
Do u stay in a HDB flat? If yes, do u ever hear marbles droping late at night from upstairs? Have u ever wondered why occasionally now and then, u hear marbles dropping? It could be children playing marbles, but in this century when they got ps1, ps2 xbox, they play with marbles in the middle of the night? Or shift furniture in the middle of the night?
Sometimes I wonder, asked alot of my friends and they all heard the same things in their flats occasionally....

>>When HDB started building flats, they put marbles in between the floor so as to let 'them' play and that they won't disturb the occupants..... otherwise u really think that children playing marbles upstair, u can hear it downstair in yr flat meh? If so, I switch on hifi or tv, my neighbours downstairs also can hear lor....

Okae, not sure abt hearing hifi and TV and stuffs like tt.. duno how true but I do hear something like marbles dropping in the middle of the night... -_-"

:confused:

have.. and i always thought it's the kids upstairs.. lucky never go up and scold them :D

Originally posted by kamwai
any of u heard this kind of sound before?

i think last time my house also have

er....me also leh.....sometimes at nite can hear marbles falling down like tt while i was sleeping....but the unit upstairs, the family dont haf any small kids....all the same age as me....scary:what:

used to hear some last time when still young, marbles were quite common then.

i only heard "bang" , "bung" , "bonk" at 4am-5am upstair !!!!

I don't know know what kind business are they into.

DAmn, how to sleep like that !! ;( :angry:

hmm maybe its the neighbours engaging in some sexual activities.. :) look on the brightside. :D

could it be a baby that wake up late nite and parent give him/her marble to play ?:dunno:

Originally posted by megaweb
could it be a baby that wake up late nite and parent give him/her marble to play ?:dunno:
Errmm... in case you didn't realise it, it is rather sucidal to give your baby small sized stuff to play with (since they love to put everything & anything into their mouths). Marbles are one such hazard... :what:

wah lau i still keep marbles leh...

Originally posted by ninelives
i only heard "bang" , "bung" , "bonk" at 4am-5am upstair !!!!

I don't know know what kind business are they into.

DAmn, how to sleep like that !! ;( :angry:

i've heard of de same noises now and then...sometimes heard some heavy metallic objects being dragged across de floor...my mum thinks perhaps de occupants were exercising and always dropping the dumbells on de floor...hehehe...in fact many of my frenz heard de marbles-like sound...:dunno:

hmm..... I always hear the marble bouncing sound, I just think upstairs got some kids playing something lorr...

look like everyone also have some kids staying a floor above yours...and also like to play marbles at nite...

coincident?

Status
Not open for further replies.