Ever get yrself into this?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Canonised

Aug 27, 2003
What's the reaction you often met when you are caught aiming a big cam at them at company events?
I realise there are two major camps here .... one group of camera-shy ppl will all look away and sometimes since you are aiming at them you have little choice (paiseh la) but to press the button and you know the result will be a photo with a group of ppl all looking at various positions except at you!... :thumbsd:
The other group will be people who will jostle at you for attention. Initially since you have a prime lens zooming at a person, then suddently all the other 5 ppl beside will grab her and insist that you take a group photo .... either you have to step back far far away or you have to change a wide lens immediately or else you get a photo with a face and a few hands all over her !.... :angry:
What other "funny" situations you have been thru?

Well, the best part is ppl who don't like their photos to be taken and turning away frm my camera all the time until I got sick and gave up shooting them only to have the same group of ppl asking me, "How come never take my photo?" or "Eh, don't always take photos of ppl's back leh."

Another type of person is those who don't like cameras and would not hesitate to make u an enemy after they had done using u for their purpose. For such ppl, either I cut them off frm my photos completely (since the very sight of the person pisses me off instantly) or I'd purposely take EVEN MORE photos of them, turning on Flash AF Assist and focusing on a low contrast area (u noe what happens to the flash) on them. Well, if they wanna pick a fight, I'd welcome them. :) Flight is never in my dictionary, especially to ppl who throw themselves at me itching for a fight. :D

jsbn said:
Another type of person is those who don't like cameras and would not hesitate to make u an enemy after they had done using u for their purpose. For such ppl, either I cut them off frm my photos completely (since the very sight of the person pisses me off instantly) or I'd purposely take EVEN MORE photos of them, turning on Flash AF Assist and focusing on a low contrast area (u noe what happens to the flash) on them. Well, if they wanna pick a fight, I'd welcome them. :) Flight is never in my dictionary, especially to ppl who throw themselves at me itching for a fight. :D

Dont always think just because you have a camera, you automatically have the rights to shoot a person as you wish. The law does not always protect you from injuries ;)

ortega said:
normally i talk to them and ask them first
the example i am giving is like when the CEO is giving a long boring speech and to fill the time you go around zooming into the crowd to look for nice candid and when you got yr target and you aim for the right moment .... and the two results normally happen when you wait too long for a good moment and unfortunately for them to spot you .... :sweat:
In such situation normally you are not in a position to talk to them.

michhy said:
Dont always think just because you have a camera, you automatically have the rights to shoot a person as you wish. The law does not always protect you from injuries ;)
Well, how abt someone treating u like a friend when they need u and dropping u like a hot rock and treating u like an enemy AFTER they felt that u had no further use to his/her cause? ;)

Canonised said:
the example i am giving is like when the CEO is giving a long boring speech and to fill the time you go around zooming into the crowd to look for nice candid and when you got yr target and you aim for the right moment .... and the two results normally happen when you wait too long for a good moment and unfortunately for them to spot you .... :sweat:
In such situation normally you are not in a position to talk to them.

Errr.. Just keep pointing at them... Eventually, they'll just get tired of turning away and look straight..

Status
Not open for further replies.