ever buy on ebay

Status
Not open for further replies.

daphz

Apr 19, 2004
I was considering to shop on ebay for equipment/supplies. I have never tried to buy things off ebay, so wondering if anyone has?

Did you receive your item in the expected condition and how much was shipping? ex or not? Usually people ship from US rite...the singapore ebay site like damn lousy :what:

i bought 3 stuff from US ebay before, so far so gd.

i only buy from sellers with high ratings lor ... at least 98% n above ....

as for the shipping, ask for the rate before buying, and i always pay via paypal.

u might wanna ship using www.vpostusa.com.sg,they provide u with a california address and then drop ship back to u in singapore,shipping is cheaper as they consolidate shipment.
another advantage is u can buy from seller who only ship within US.
But always inform them u are usuing Vpost and ask them whther they are willing to deal with u anot.

Up till now I've bought 2 lenses and a speedlight plus some other accessories on ebay as well as other equipment too on the internet (but not ebay). Buy only from those people with lots and lots of very very good positive feedback. Shipping cost varies, but make sure you ask the seller before hand a some of them chop you on shipping costs. Remember to ask for postal insurance too.

i've had very good experience on ebay, with both camera and non-camera related items. Just one tip, very often you might find a good deal, only to find that the seller only ships to the US.

Often, this ppl are just lazy to select worldwide shipping, and they will ususally oblidge if you send an email asking them if they would ship to singapore. Beware though, the cost can often be considerable.

Shipping cost will depend on the method of shipping eg, surface or air and which company is used, eg: USPS, UPS, DHL, FEDEX eg. obviously, shipping by USPS surface is the cheapest, but your package will take 4-6 weeks to arrive. Its 7-10 days for USPS air. Shipping cost for a lens sized parcel is abt US$25-$40 shipped USPS airmail, dependin on the weight

Al

I've bought a couple of stuffs from ebay...one thing to note thou...don't get too carried away by the many positive responds...I actually only look at the negative responds now..and see if its genuine complains and how the seller respond to them...if he simply bochap abt it...might not wanna deal with him lor...

I have bought & sold many items over at ebay. Usually the shipping time is from 1 week to 2 weeks. Depending how far it's comming off to a international post office of US. From Singapore, I use Singapore Post. Usually parcel leave Singapore within 48hrs after accept from the postal office. It will be flown into San Fransico International Postal for sorting & redirecting to the nearest postal office. Usually will reach your buyer within 10 days to 2 weeks. Be sure to insured your item. Lost parcel is not uncommon. Parcel service can be tracked on-line at Singapore Postal web, but it only limited within Singapore Postal reach which is the first 48hrs only. There after there is no way can be track on-line.

For buying, most item are as describe. Buy items only with pictures. Be sure not to buy from low rating seller. Also don't buy anything which is very very cheap & is on a quick sale. For normal item using US Postal, shipping is about US$15 & above. Out comming item from US, it seems to be more safe. Only experiance once very late parcel. 1 month late. Meaning received after 6 weeks I bought it off ebay.

For selling, be careful of accepting "Money Order". There is a type of local money order that can be cleared only within the country. Best is accept Money Order in Singapore Dollar denormination. Simply because it sure a international Money Order, second you can clear it fast & cheap. International US dollar Money Order does have some charges to clear. For paypal don't accept any credit cards. Because paypal only protects US residents. If you accept by paypal, remember paypal charges about 5% plus a very low exchange rate.

So ebay charges 5% & paypal another 5%. Add this into your budget.

kex said:
u might wanna ship using www.vpostusa.com.sg,they provide u with a california address and then drop ship back to u in singapore,shipping is cheaper as they consolidate shipment.
another advantage is u can buy from seller who only ship within US.
But always inform them u are usuing Vpost and ask them whther they are willing to deal with u anot.

this is another site that offers a similar service. :)
http://www.eshopusa.com.sg/

i often buy from ebay as well.
so far so gd.
only the russian sellers have a little problem sometimes, as they do not always package their goods well. but it's only a few sellers that are like this.

if you are looking for soviet goodies, look for this seller online.
grizzly33bear highly recommended seller, even offers one for one exchange if the item does not arrive in good condition.

btw, goto http://www.usps.com/ to check on a shipping of your choice as well, some seller will oblign to the shipping option of your choice.

Status
Not open for further replies.