Events photography on budget

Status
Not open for further replies.
Geordie said:
juz attended an event at suntec yest. The organiser dun allow me to use flash... with my 18-200mm, at 200mm, it will be f5.6. Then the shutter was so slow tt most of my shots got blur... was using a D70s, ISO1000. Din wana up the iso any further as i feel tt the pic will be too noisy.

Point im trying to say is that 18-200mm can suit most situation... but there will be exceptional times tt u realli need a F2.8 lens :sweat:
70-200mm VR liao! ;p :bsmilie:

Stanly said:
But for my case, I can only afford third party F2.8 lens loh.....:cry:

I guess Tamron 17-50mm or 28-75mm F2.8 would be a good choice?? :) Then sit closer to the stage....;)
depends on your shooting style and event. even with the 28-75mm in a huge event, there might not be enough reach

if not
nikkor afs 80-200
or
nikkor afd 80-200
or
tamron 80-200
or
sigma 70-200
or
sigma 50-150
or
too many.. ;p

Looks like a zoom lens is absolutely necessary for events....hmm....:angel:

Stanly said:
i find it more convenient with a tele zoom lens for events as your subject might be moving around, whilst you are planted at a spot.

ipin said:
i find it more convenient with a tele zoom lens for events as your subject might be moving around, whilst you are planted at a spot.

Yeah.....thats true.....:)

ipin said:
70-200mm VR liao! ;p :bsmilie:

:bsmilie:

tts the 3rd lens in my mind now haha! first a 12-24mm.. then a 50mm, then the huge monster 70-200 vr :devil:

Stanly said:

there another way is u dun lik zoom lens...
be the offical photographer.. ;p
BUT being the offical photog also wont get u any nice photo also..
happen to 1 of the CSer on WWW bikini shoot out.. haiz.. :(

Geordie said:

tts the 3rd lens in my mind now haha! first a 12-24mm.. then a 50mm, then the huge monster 70-200 vr :devil:
aim in this order:
1)12-24mm f/4
2)17-35mm f/2.8
3)28-70mm f/2.8
4)70-200mm VR f/2.8

PERFECT liao! all ranges covered <- NO horse run already! Mo Tak Tang man! SWEE SWEE liao! *WOOT* :devil: ;p :heart:

VR2 said:
there another way is u dun lik zoom lens...
be the offical photographer.. ;p
BUT being the offical photog also wont get u any nice photo also..
happen to 1 of the CSer on WWW bikini shoot out.. haiz.. :(
:think: PLBV? :sweat: :bsmilie:

Stanly said:
I notice those pro photographers, they place a white cardboard on the flash. Seems like it's for the flash to reflect......Whats the purpose?? More coverage??

I also notice they point the flash upwards instead.....why so??
It certainly sounds like u dun need a flash now.

More like u'll need flash photography lessons instead.

jsbn said:
It certainly sounds like u dun need a flash now.

More like u'll need flash photography lessons instead.
:sweat:
everyone starts somewhere. ;)

ipin said:
Now I see and understand your situation! :bsmilie: :bsmilie:

haha, dats not my situation also..
juz feel sad dat the offical photog hav to be squeeze to the back juz because of all the inconsiderate ppl.. :nono:

VR2 said:
haha, dats not my situation also..
juz feel sad dat the offical photog hav to be squeeze to the back juz because of all the inconsiderate ppl.. :nono:
maybe your lens and cam not big enuff? that's why kenna pushed behind? :sweat: :bsmilie:

ipin said:
:sweat:
everyone starts somewhere. ;)
Everyone starts somewhere. In dis case, he's even asking about a simple function of the bounce card and what's it for. Thus I gave him his 'somewhere' to 'start off' - Flash Photography lessons.

jsbn said:
Everyone starts somewhere. In dis case, he's even asking about a simple function of the bounce card and what's it for. Thus I gave him his 'somewhere' to 'start off' - Flash Photography lessons.
another place to start is the internet or the library. ;)

ipin said:
another place to start is the internet or the library. ;)

stanly is not wrg also.. he started by asking in CS.. :sweat:
jk.. internet and CS is really a good place to learn all the stuff u need.. :thumbsup:

VR2 said:
stanly is not wrg also.. he started by asking in CS.. :sweat:
jk.. internet and CS is really a good place to learn all the stuff u need.. :thumbsup:
;)
trying to make this a better place for everyone to learn with everyone's contributions! :thumbsup: :heart:

Status
Not open for further replies.