Events and activities with photo potential

Status
Not open for further replies.

JayTee705

Jun 30, 2005
Hi Clubsnappers,

Can I ask for suggestions on how you learn about events and activities with photographic potential BEFORE they happen? Are there particular print or other media that provides good listings?

For example, this past Sunday saw the National Skimboarding Championships at East Coast Park. It's something that would have been fun to shoot--even though I have no burning interest in skimboarding myself or sports photography per se. But I didn't know about the event until I saw a photo in Monday's Straits Times.

Obviously, checking on this forum (events and exhibitions specifically) is one way to keep up to date. But I suspect there are other sources of info. Thanks for any suggestions!

JT

JayTee705 said:
Hi Clubsnappers,

Can I ask for suggestions on how you learn about events and activities with photographic potential BEFORE they happen? Are there particular print or other media that provides good listings?

For example, this past Sunday saw the National Skimboarding Championships at East Coast Park. It's something that would have been fun to shoot--even though I have no burning interest in skimboarding myself or sports photography per se. But I didn't know about the event until I saw a photo in Monday's Straits Times.

Obviously, checking on this forum (events and exhibitions specifically) is one way to keep up to date. But I suspect there are other sources of info. Thanks for any suggestions!

JT
Well, just read the papers more, it helps. Check out the daily events in the Life pages too. Sometimes, you can't compare yourself with the press because event organizers (eg. the skimboarding competition) send them press releases before the event, and so they'll be more well-informed naturally.
;) ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.