Event Shooting

Status
Not open for further replies.

hokkaido88

Dec 29, 2007
What do you do if your shoots always block by someone else camera?

Or worst, your flash was block by them resulting your pictures has two tones colors?

Let say your shooting infront. Some people just go infront abit of you. And then start shooting and goes to your right and blocking you.What would you do?

hook up your flash to a high power flashpack and simply fire away. what happens is that they get uneven flash which in most cases for commercial means is unuseable.

but obviously not everyone can afford a flashpack so the most obvious solution is to shoot from higher ground.

The reason I got uneven exposure is because while I snap, some fella just move and block the flash.

So how do you guys manage to overcome this problem?

The reason I got uneven exposure is because while I snap, some fella just move and block the flash.

So how do you guys manage to overcome this problem?

Get around them or place the flash higher....

If ur camera has live view u just hold the camera over head, estimate and snap. Shoot wide so easier to crop later on.

Assuming the person is ignorant that you are shooting. Gently tap shoulder and fire off, smile.

Obtain a flash bracket and flash extension cord from online web stores and/or from local camera shops.

Mount the flash onto flash bracket so that the flash is higher than person obstructing the flash and start capturing your intended shots. :)

Assuming the person is ignorant that you are shooting. Gently tap shoulder and fire off, smile.

This is powerful !! ahahaha! i used this trick before ! :bsmilie:

Let them know who is actually the Commander of the event !!! :bsmilie:

Cheers
Fuji

This is powerful !! ahahaha! i used this trick before ! :bsmilie:

Let them know who is actually the Commander of the event !!! :bsmilie:

Cheers
Fuji

Tried it out already. even said to them that they're blocking me. Then after a while they block again. looks like ignoring me.

What flash bracket you recommend? If it too expensive,then it's not worth it:cool:

What flash bracket you recommend? If it too expensive,then it's not worth it

Refer to flash bracket posted in http://store.tagotech.com under flash accessories category and priced at $45. Alternatively, go to Cathay Photo or Orient Photo to see their variant of flash bracket. There is mass order inside Clubsnap for this item too at http://www.clubsnap.com/forums/showthread.php?t=505596

Choose one that fits your budget.

encountered such cases before. if they insist on blocking, i'll move right beside them, push my camera right beside their faces and start shooting, and see if they can tahan the flash (omnibounce attached to flash unit)

encountered such cases before. if they insist on blocking, i'll move right beside them, push my camera right beside their faces and start shooting, and see if they can tahan the flash (omnibounce attached to flash unit)

Then we'll get another posted thread. " Dear fellow CSers, in an event shot, what would you do if the shooter behind you insist on firing his flash next to your face?" :sweat:

Then we'll get another posted thread. " Dear fellow CSers, in an event shot, what would you do if the shooter behind you insist on firing his flash next to your face?" :sweat:
and the answer would be "if he's the official and you're a wannabe, why are you blocking him, get out of the way!" :bsmilie:

580ex2 on manual mode, equip softbox, aim str8 for eyes and press pilot

and when confronted, just say "testing flash"

Or say, "my flash got some trigger problem. Hold on...think it's coming back..." and go for one more PILOT before apologising profusely and having the last laugh. :bsmilie:

Status
Not open for further replies.