Event Photography Guide

thank you for the guide!

Man....i didn't realize theres so much going into it until ur article! So many details to look into...thks for the guide!!!

I would like to congratulate all for your invaluable contribution. This is definitely priceless. :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Nice Write up. Thanks.

Fantastic read. Thank you for the great guide.

:thumbsup: excellent article. Thanks TS for sharing his knowledge n experiences. :D

thanks to the detail guide for event photography.

one thing to share (u may already in practice).
- I always use slow continues shuttle for group photo taking, 1-2-shoot and get 3-5 continue pics, it will help to increase success rate of all pax open their eyes and look to the camera.

i'll treat this like the gospel :)

Hi all, I have a few enquires about event shoot. recently i attended the AFA event for shooting. I had notice that some of my photos of human are out of focus at the face but the clothings are sharp. I will try to shoot between f2.8-4 but sometimes it still blur at the eyes and face area. may i know how you guys focus so fast before the model turn his/her attention away?? I did try pushing up the F but that would cause too much sharpness in the background...

Please advice thanks tonnes!!!!

After reading your guide, im more or less know much about event photography. But..... 1 most important thing is where do i get to find events to build up my port? can give me some advise? which are the events or fashion show that i can attend to shoot???

Hi all, I have a few enquires about event shoot. recently i attended the AFA event for shooting. I had notice that some of my photos of human are out of focus at the face but the clothings are sharp. I will try to shoot between f2.8-4 but sometimes it still blur at the eyes and face area. may i know how you guys focus so fast before the model turn his/her attention away?? I did try pushing up the F but that would cause too much sharpness in the background...

Please advice thanks tonnes!!!!

If you're shooting at shallow DOF, pay attention to if you are swaying back and forth and if the subject is moving away or towards you. That' the number 1 reason why your focus lands a bit nearer or further. :thumbsup:

Awesome tips! :thumbsup:

Today we have a small event at my boss' art gallery and i was assigned to take the photos... Will take note on all this guides/ tips. :)

thank God for unselfish people like you guys! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

I just read the guide and i must say it's AWESOME! Even though i'm not looking to do it as a profession or a paid photographer, it gives many good insights to techniques and etiquette of a photographer covering an event..kudos!

thank u very much for great advice ...i will use this tips for my photo booth.

Thank for your great advice!!!

I have some question about using flash. Will it be very irritating for some of the people in the room when you are firing your flash too many times? Or even complain they are tempory blind by your flash? There are some important moment we surely want to capture with extra shots and can't afford to miss it. How should duel with it?