Event PGs... share your "when-hell-broke-lose" event moment.

surrephoto

Jan 14, 2009
Chinatown
www.surrephoto.com
After you been shooting for a while even the biggest of celebrities & surprises don't excite you, but today I was at an event when the few PGs in the room literally went "when-hell-broke-lose"... basically the current president of sgp & the ex-president of sgp shoke hands.

I guess maybe some of you guys who shot prince william recently might have similar encounters of extremely-important-money-shots. Any stories to share?

Last edited:
surrephoto said:
After you been shooting for a while even the biggest of celebrities & surprises don't excite you, but today I was at an event when the few PGs in the room literally went "when-hell-broke-lose"... basically the current president of sgp & the ex-president of sgp shoke hands.

I guess maybe some of you guys who shot prince william recently might have similar encounters of extremely-important-money-shots. Any stories to share?

SGP what? Singapore Grand Prix? Singapore Grannies' Party? Single Girls Posse? Surre's Grey Pony?

hell-broke-LOOSE!!

SGP what? Singapore Grand Prix? Singapore Grannies' Party? Single Girls Posse? Surre's Grey Pony?
SGP in the context which tread starter used is defined as per the ISO 3166-1 alpha-3 country codes.

Thus he was referring to his excellency Tony Tan Keng Yam and Mr. Sellapan Ramanathan, incumbent and sixth former President of the Republic of Singapore.

SGP in the context which tread starter used is defined as per the ISO 3166-1 alpha-3 country codes.

Thus he was referring to his excellency Tony Tan Keng Yam and Mr. Sellapan Ramanathan, incumbent and sixth former President of the Republic of Singapore.

not everyone is as free as you to check out the country codes :bsmilie:

Wow you sure know how to be funny. Other than my loose and lose spelling mistake, I don't think the meaning of "president of sgp" and the "ex-president of sgp" is that vague right?

so...... you're so kool and they're so sua-koo ?

it would help to have some respect for fellow photographers who are taking things a little more ugently doing their job

Last edited:
Wow you sure know how to be funny. Other than my loose and lose spelling mistake, I don't think the meaning of "president of sgp" and the "ex-president of sgp" is that vague right?

yea... about that. i wasn't trying to be funny. Singaporeans LOVE acronyms. it'll good to actually SPELL out everything instead of leaving people guessing.

FYI, the Formula One Singtel Singapore Grand Prix is known as SGP too.

SGP - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Secret Garden Party - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Reformed Political Party - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

and on and on.

and honestly i have no idea what's the purpose of your thread? to mock these photographers by likening their actions to "hell breaking loose"? have you in fact, seen hell breaking loose? it might be a loose term, but i doubt that a bunch of photographers rushing with madness to snap the President Incumbent and the Ex-President is indeed "Hell Breaking Loose". if that's the case, then any earthquake would be termed as "the end of the world as we know it"

like what Uncle Eddie says, are you trying to say that you're more professional than them?

also i would like to remind you... if you're not aware... that the hand-shake IS a big deal. in fact, your nonchalance suggests that you're too professional or too seasoned for small things such as two important people shaking hands. you need a bigger challenge.

might i suggest, following and photographing Felix Baumgartner in his next endeavor?

You're not referring to PVPA at Mandarin, are you? Cause that was mild.
Luckily most of the press guys weren't there yet!

Thanks.

I'll bet on 3166 4D numbers big big. :bsmilie:

While some of us will love to lurk around this forum the whole day long attempting their best to derail topics with snide remarks, I can assure you that I am hardly free myself, will be fortunate just have four to five hours worth of sleep a day.

Cheers.

Last edited:
yea... about that. i wasn't trying to be funny. Singaporeans LOVE acronyms. it'll good to actually SPELL out everything instead of leaving people guessing.

FYI, the Formula One Singtel Singapore Grand Prix is known as SGP too.

SGP - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Secret Garden Party - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Reformed Political Party - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

and on and on.

and honestly i have no idea what's the purpose of your thread? to mock these photographers by likening their actions to "hell breaking loose"? have you in fact, seen hell breaking loose? it might be a loose term, but i doubt that a bunch of photographers rushing with madness to snap the President Incumbent and the Ex-President is indeed "Hell Breaking Loose". if that's the case, then any earthquake would be termed as "the end of the world as we know it"

like what Uncle Eddie says, are you trying to say that you're more professional than them?

also i would like to remind you... if you're not aware... that the hand-shake IS a big deal. in fact, your nonchalance suggests that you're too professional or too seasoned for small things such as two important people shaking hands. you need a bigger challenge.

might i suggest, following and photographing Felix Baumgartner in his next endeavor?

Of course that moment was a big deal. Everyone couldn't be bothered with anything else except press and machine-gun the moment.

I'm asking for similar exciting moments/important moments that fellow pgs have encountered, this is the purpose of this thread. It's the combination of 2 presidents that make it an important shot. No matter the publicity involve in the event.

What qualifies as a "when-hell-broke-loose" moment? In any case, what has a "when-hell-broke-loose" moment got to do with the two gentlemen shaking hands? Did something dramatic happen when they shook hands? Just wondering...

Last edited:
so...... you're so kool and they're so sua-koo ?

it would help to have some respect for fellow photographers who are taking things a little more ugently doing their job

Hi Ed the purpose of this thread is not against fellow photographers for being sua-koo. The purpose of the thread is to ask for other encounters fellow photographers might have felt was an important moment that cannot be missed.

While some of us will love to lurk around this forum the whole day long attempting their best to derail topics with snide remarks, I can assure you that I am hardly free myself, will be fortunate just have four to five hours worth of sleep a day.

Cheers.

Yea... i'm usually on CS during my breaks from manning the counter. derail topics? seriously?

that's a rather serious allegation. we're in Kopitiam for goodness sake :bsmilie: you must be nuts to take everything seriously here.

Of course that moment was a big deal. Everyone couldn't be bothered with anything else except press and machine-gun the moment.

I'm asking for similar exciting moments/important moments that fellow pgs have encountered, this is the purpose of this thread. It's the combination of 2 presidents that make it an important shot. No matter the publicity involve in the event.

Exciting and "When Hell Broke Loose" are two different things altogether.

the former is a positive word, while the latter is a negative phrase.

choose your words wisely

What qualifies as a "when-hell-broke-loose" moment? In any case, what has a "when-hell-broke-loose" moment got to do with the two gentlemen shaking hands? Did something dramatic happen when they shook hands? Just wondering...

What makes it so dramatic is because you don't know whether it will be a short or extended hand-shake, but you know you must get the shot. We had 5 photographers and everyone was eye-ing the moment 3 persons before S R Nathan shook hands with Tony Tan.

I don't see how its a big deal about those two guys shaking hands.

What will be a really momentous moment, a true meeting of generations, the undeniable passing of an age, is if William Shatner and Patrick Steward shook hands.
Second to that is probably when The Rock took on Hulk Hogan at Wrestlemania X8. Icon vs icon.

Yea... i'm usually on CS during my breaks from manning the counter. derail topics? seriously?

that's a rather serious allegation. we're in Kopitiam for goodness sake :bsmilie: you must be nuts to take everything seriously here.

Exciting and "When Hell Broke Loose" are two different things altogether.

the former is a positive word, while the latter is a negative phrase.

choose your words wisely

Very well, my fault for using negative words such as "Hell" to describe the moment. But it's strange when you are usually trying to be funny but yet so serious about a phrase. Now this time really hell-broke-loose liao! Run for your lives! Kei is serious about my thread!

Last edited: