event coverage, advise needed...

Status
Not open for further replies.
thanks everyone!!:vhappy:
hmm.. next, later head straight to cp for a 600!..oops.. what's the pricing now...:think:

kenny,
No problem to hijack this thread, anyway meant to ask advise for a better shoot out...anybody having event qns can post here..:)

Cheers

Think nowaday DSLR up to ISO800 noise should be still OK.

RockPopCorns said:
thanks everyone!!:vhappy:
hmm.. next, later head straight to cp for a 600!..oops.. what's the pricing now...:think:

kenny,
No problem to hijack this thread, anyway meant to ask advise for a better shoot out...anybody having event qns can post here..:)

Cheers

thanks... hmmm.. i think you wanna make a trip down to NUG since u going to CP?

kennyleong said:
nono.. will be rather noisy..

depends though... hehe
some higher end models can go up to iso 800 with relatively low noise... ;)

upz the thread..

also, like to ask if using ext flash, it is to set the WB to flash will be more appropriate?

got myself the SB600, but cannot understand much from flash terms..
anyone to help here..?

thanks.

erm, dun really understand what u are trying to ask here.
ext flash shouldn affect your WB, adjustment of WB is more to suit e surrounding lights, not e light from your flash though. (i might be wrong. :) )

~Arcanic~ said:
erm, dun really understand what u are trying to ask here.
ext flash shouldn affect your WB, adjustment of WB is more to suit e surrounding lights, not e light from your flash though. (i might be wrong. :) )

eer.. I'm using D70, thus when mount on the ext flash, I still be able to select the white balance. I understand that there's no right or wrong to stick to a certain WB type when using flash due to creativity intend, my question here is, is it choosing "flash" WB will be more appropriate.?

and new/ last questions.. what's the different using omni bounce and to bounce card? If DIY bounce card, any strict dimension to stick with?

Thanks folks..:)

RockPopCorns said:
eer.. I'm using D70, thus when mount on the ext flash, I still be able to select the white balance. I understand that there's no right or wrong to stick to a certain WB type when using flash due to creativity intend, my question here is, is it choosing "flash" WB will be more appropriate.?

and new/ last questions.. what's the different using omni bounce and to bounce card? If DIY bounce card, any strict dimension to stick with?

Thanks folks..:)

omni bounce will not be very useful if the ceiling is very high, in that case a bounce card is better, bounce card also helps in adding catchlights in a person's eyes too.

for DIY card, no fixed size, as long as it not so damm big that u have problems attaching it to the flash and it blocks the view of the person to the left right and behind u... :bsmilie: anyway, normal DIY sizes i notice are about a 3R photo size. :)

kennyleong said:
nono.. will be rather noisy..

Actually.. Dim lighting with certain amount of grain or noise does give a nice effect... Especially if you can capture a little motion blur (1/30th - 1/60th) with front/ rear sync..

Firefox said:
Actually.. Dim lighting with certain amount of grain or noise does give a nice effect... Especially if you can capture a little motion blur (1/30th - 1/60th) with front/ rear sync..

Hmmm. alright.. I'll give it a try whe the event comes.. Just bought my tripod though..

~Arcanic~ said:
omni bounce will not be very useful if the ceiling is very high, in that case a bounce card is better, bounce card also helps in adding catchlights in a person's eyes too.

for DIY card, no fixed size, as long as it not so damm big that u have problems attaching it to the flash and it blocks the view of the person to the left right and behind u... :bsmilie: anyway, normal DIY sizes i notice are about a 3R photo size. :)

haha.. Thanks Arcanic,
next will look for matt white surface plastics for the DIY!!

upz for the thread for Q&A

Status
Not open for further replies.