Evening view from Merchant Court hotel pool

Status
Not open for further replies.

SilverSurfer66

Oct 2, 2006
Singapore, Singapore, Singapor
This is a evening shot of Clarke Quay area from the swimming pool area of Merchant Court hotel.
CnC please. Thank you.

2007Jan30ClarkeQuay22.jpg

Photo not edit yet.
Thank you for your kind comments and critic.

handshake....the photo looks blurr.

Very, very nice. Do not see any "handshake", can read name of hotel in the distance.

looks quite nice, doesn't seem to look blur.

However, the subject of the photo is not clear. Is it the Novotel, the swimming pool, or the blue glowing letter at the left side?
Also, I think the two persons standing on the left side of the pool seems a little bit distracting.

Some cropping might make the picture looks nicer. Nice try though.

confused on subject. is it the pool? or competitor's hotel? food? waiter? ?????

Shot wide open @f3.5... DOF is too lil for a good scenery shot.

You gotta try shooting @f11 or f16 for such shots... But you'd need a tripod as they should be requiring a longer shutter speed... ;)

1. Sky has no texture. It's boring.
2. Your focal point is the Novotel hotel. The pool, trees, etc are all soft. Corner softness is very evident in the top-right
3. There is no point at all to having the 2 waiters there
4. Too cluttered. What's the theme or subject? What's supposed to be the main subject here?

It really looks more like a "for fun" snapshot a bored kid playing with his dad's cam would take.

Shot wide open @f3.5... DOF is too lil for a good scenery shot.

You gotta try shooting @f11 or f16 for such shots... But you'd need a tripod as they should be requiring a longer shutter speed... ;)

Thanks for your kind comments. Indeed I must remember to have good DOF wen shootng scenery. This photo was taken while I was having dinner at the poolside restaurant. I had no tripod with me, so I shot handheld with my 18-200VR with VR on - hence compensated some for camera shake.

Status
Not open for further replies.