Evening Playtime

eel

Aug 14, 2003
Thomson
Visit site
36077_497462259304_556929304_6934440_88621_n.jpg

1.In what area is critique to be sought?

I would like feedback on content. Is it a worthwhile subject? And also composition - whether the inclusion of elements like the fridge to supply the 'key' source of lighting was the right decision.

2.What one hopes to achieve with the piece of work?

I want to evoke a couple of emotions in this scene. First is a sense of peace at the end of a hard day's work. Second is a sense of whimsy from the kittens' antics.

3.Under what circumstance is the picture taken?

Challenging conditions! Only had my PnS and the low-light conditions made me wonder if it was worth a try. But I noticed there was a bit of rim light to give the lady some form and I was hoping the antics of the kitties would be the main draw.

4.what the critique seeker personally thinks of the picture

It was a rather random 'spur-of-the-moment' shot but I like this picture because the scene inspired a feeling of restfulness and peace.

I don't know what to make of this picture. Looks like a senseless snap shot to me. Needless to say, I don't think it works.

Subject seems worthy though. Just that the composition, framing and everything just doesn't work.

Sorry.

Last edited:
An image is like someone talking.... and it is best that what is being said be coherent and as clear as possible. Even if the message is veiled with a 2nd meaning or an innuendo, that has to be obvious to a viewer

This image unfortunately has not achieved comprehensible 'speech'

Image title is 'Evening Playtime' ..... the obvious activity of playtime seems confined to the bottom right underexposed corner of the image while the fridge seems best exposed and the tungsten(?) bulb is absolutely distracting

No worries, stay encouraged ..... and go at it again !! :thumbsup:

And :thumbsup: for attempting ........ alot of people dont even do that...... keep the chin up !!

Last edited:
whether the inclusion of elements like the fridge to supply the 'key' source of lighting was the right decision.

Yes the source of lighting is the fridge....... just use the light falling ON your subjects ..... keep the SOURCE of light out of the image..... either compose with it out of the way or move yourself (eg during daytime almost everyone tries to keep the sun out of their images while they meter the light FROM the sun falling ON the subject )

Thanks daredevil123 and ed9119 for your comments. Guess this is one of those photos where personal attachment has overcome the communication part.

Biskandar - they are kittens