Europe Travel

Status
Not open for further replies.

slippers

Apr 5, 2003
eastern puppy
slippers.clubsnap.org
I will be going to Europe in Oct. ..Will be spending 1 week each in France and Italy...Will arrive Paris, France first and leave for Singapore from Italy....:cool:
Need advices from experienced travellers:

1) should I book a round trip ticket (which mean i will arrive Paris and leave Paris for Singapore)?

2) book a one-way ticket to Paris and one-way ticket from Italy?

Which way of travel will be the most budget :D

Or anyone has other suggestions?

Thanks in advance ;)

depends on your itinerary, but what i would do is to buy SIN-Paris, Italy-SIN.
for Paris-Italy, u can try Ryanair.com.

slippers said:
I will be going to Europe in Oct. ..Will be spending 1 week each in France and Italy...Will arrive Paris, France first and leave for Singapore from Italy....:cool:

1) should I book a round trip ticket (which mean i will arrive Paris and leave Paris for Singapore)?

Thanks in advance ;)

Hi,

Try not to purchase two one way tickets, as it would be more costly.

Look out for airlines that fly from SGP to both that destination and get open jaw ticket that allows you to fly from SGP to Paris to Italy and back to SGP. Have done that a number of times with BA travelling from SGP to London and then to Paris and back to SGP. Have also done many times with Qantas too.

Have to get a good agent or book direct from airline, if not they may charge you two one-way tickets!

Take the train from paris to italy if u can afford the time.
Stop at some ulu destinations and spend a day or 2 at each if you'd like it.

Yeah, like what the others said, get an airline tt goes to both destinations. I flew to paris, and back from athens on Emirates last yr. Took the train in between.

i kind of agree with the return air tic being cheaper :D as opposed to two one way air tixs ....the rail (not sure whether eurostar go to italy but if it does you can try that too) as an alternative to the budget airlines...

I also think that taking the rail could give you gorgeous landscape and scenery photo opportunities...

item no. 2 will cost you a lot more.

And buy a railpass. Guarantee it will save you lot of money.

Can also consider Switzerland as it is cheaper because of the exchange rate between sin and swiss franc (1-1.3) as compare to sin against EU (1 - 2)

I have round trip air ticket to Paris for sale. PMed u the details.

folks,

have decided to book British Airways ticket which will fly me to Paris and depart from Rome back to Singapore!!!
will be buying the Eurail Selectpass too!!!

Thanks for all the advices :D

AReality said:
wah.
that's 2x the amt I paid on emirates.

is it? I try on emirates too....cost S$1,356.00 w/o tax

But i thought it should be costing roughly that amount for a multi-way round trip ticket? :dunno:

Maybe the price increased already.
But last yr I bot my return tixs for $680, b4 tax
Fly to Paris, fly from Athens.

Air tickets is like hotel, have peak and non peak prices, promotion prices, etc.

slippers said:
will be buying the Eurail Selectpass too!!!

oh, forgot to tell u.
Even if u buy the eurail pass, u need to pay reservation fees on some of the trains, work out to be ard 10euro to 20euro per seat, depending on popularity, most trains don't need reservation. Chk it out 1st upon arrival. Try to reserve your seat immeidiately upon arrival into the city.

You may like to visit this website at http://www.ricksteves.com. A very informative webpage that gives good advice to European traveller including the use of Eurailpass. Just come back from Nice and Cannes today and finish my last train day of my Eurailpass. YEAH!;) If u know how to use this pass, it can save LOTS of money. :cool:

Enjoy ur Europe trip.

I enjoyed my eurail travel more than 10 years ago. I choose many long night trips so saved on accomodation and the hassle to find it. Enjoy yourself.
http://singaporephoto.blogspot.com

slippers said:

Thanks in advance ;)

Remember not to bring or wear privated items into Europe country. Customer may check and fine you. :bigeyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.