Eunos Shooters: General Discussions, Gatherings & Outings

Status
Not open for further replies.

RyanG

Apr 17, 2008
Under the Stars
This thread is for discussion for future gatherings and outings as well as discussions on photography and stuff.

Shooters in the group are freely welcome to suggest gatherings and outings and the group will take it from there.

Eunos Shooters Outing I - Pulau Ubin & Chek Jawa Wetlands

Participants List

1. RyanG (Confirmed)
2. simpleliving (Interested to go Chek Jawa)
3. solesouljoy (Interested to go Chek Jawa)
4. Firewire1548 (Confirmed - PM Received)
5. feekinc (Chek Jawa!)
6. harnamsc (Interested to go Chek Jawa)
7. RyanG's friend (Confirmed)
8. RyanG's friend (TBC)
9. EelXam (Confirmed - PM received)
10. Firewire1548's friend (Confirmed)
11. Firewire1548's friend
12. Firewire1548's friend

All interested shooters, please do read the post below this and PM me or post to this thread to ink your interest.

Thank you.

Last edited:

Date: 7th Feb 2009, Saturday
Time: 9am start

FAQs

Q. What to shoot?
A. There are so many things you can shoot at Pulau Ubin. Do not limit yourself.

Q. What to bring?
A. Obviously your gears, some money for meals as we are spending nearly half a day out there and rental of bicycles (optional if you opted to walk) and yourself. Plus weather-proof material such as umbrella or raincoat in case of bad weather.

Q. What to wear?
A. As comfortable as you can. Wear proper shoes especially when we are going to Chek Jawa and will be walking on swampy grounds.

Q. Why cannot go up close and personal with marine life for this trip?
A. For unguided walks, visitors are confined to the boardwalk. Only those who have booked for the Chek Jawa guided walks are allowed onto the sand bank areas. So in order to get close up with the marine life, please sign up for one of our guided walks. As this quarter's walks are fully booked, you may consider trying to book for next quarter's walks on 1st March from 8.30am onwards. You can call 6542-4108 and the dates are now available for your planning on www.nparks.gov.sg under Pulau Ubin webpage.

For more information, please check on this website regarding Chek Jawa Wetlands
and tides in 2009 information, please click download for the pdf.

Last edited:

Date: TBC (Mostly probably a Saturday)
Time: 8.30am till ??

Anyone interested? Please feel free to input other suggestions for photoshoot locations.

Hi, I am interested although i not from eunos.
Been wanting to visit Chek Jawa but lazy to go alone :sweat:

Date: TBC (Mostly probably a Saturday)
Time: 8.30am till ??

Anyone interested? Please feel free to input other suggestions for photoshoot locations.

Note of caution though.. Chek Jawa Wetlands only seems interesting when its at extremely low tide, otherwise, there's nothing much to see, except for the classic dead tree in the middle of the boardwalk.

Note of caution though.. Chek Jawa Wetlands only seems interesting when its at extremely low tide, otherwise, there's nothing much to see, except for the classic dead tree in the middle of the boardwalk.

On the Chek Jawa Wetlands as part of the visit, I need to check with the Nparks Authority as a pre-booking prior to the visit is required. Unless there's a substantial amount of people joining, it will remained as TBC.

Ryan

hey im interested in chek jawa. saturdays are fine, count me in

There's a suggestion from the other thread that we gathered together within our vicinity for a photoshoot to start with. I am quite up for this idea/suggestion.

• Eunos CNY Carnival @ Eunos MRT
  • Bedok Reservior - Sunset

These are some suggestions. Anyone wish to contribute for a short meet-up to start?

ups for pulau ubin & chek jawa~

Participants List

1. RyanG
4. Firewire1548(Interested to go Chek Jawa)

All interested shooters, please do read the post below this and PM me or post to this thread to ink your interest.

Thank you.

Participants List

1. RyanG
5. feekinc (Chek Jawa!)

Thank you.

Participants List

1. RyanG
5. feekinc (Chek Jawa!)
6. harnamsc (Interested to go Chek Jawa)

Thanks for all the interest in going to Pulau Ubin & Chek Jawa.

Please kindly read the edited second post. One more slot for Chek Jawa visit to go ahead.

Once it reach the mark, a confirmed date will be discussed via PMs from all participants.

Last edited:
Hi all Eunos Shooters.

A date had been set for 7th February 2009. I checked up the information on tides and found this date to be the best with a lowest 0.4m from early to late afternoon. The response to go to Chek Jawa had been great and it will go ahead.

I will be bringing a friend along who had been to the area before to guide us along thus we do not need to pay for the guided tour.

Get your gears ready! It's about 3 weeks away so do make yourself available. I hoped I do not need to change the date as I know many of you are dying to go and meet each other up.

By the way, it does not mean that once the list reach 12 shooters. The participant list will be closed, you can still invite your fellow shooting buddies along even though they are not from our areas. Let's shoot and share ideas.

Cheers. :)

Guys, you all may want to check with National Park to get permission for the visit. Normally, we can only walk along the pathway area....not suppose to go into the beach area. If you all are keen to shot small creature...it is too far to shot on the pathway...

Hi all Eunos Shooters.

A date had been set for 7th February 2009. I checked up the information on tides and found this date to be the best with a lowest 0.4m from early to late afternoon. The response to go to Chek Jawa had been great and it will go ahead.

I will be bringing a friend along who had been to the area before to guide us along thus we do not need to pay for the guided tour.

Get your gears ready! It's about 3 weeks away so do make yourself available. I hoped I do not need to change the date as I know many of you are dying to go and meet each other up.

By the way, it does not mean that once the list reach 12 shooters. The participant list will be closed, you can still invite your fellow shooting buddies along even though they are not from our areas. Let's shoot and share ideas.

Cheers. :)

Guys, you all may want to check with National Park to get permission for the visit. Normally, we can only walk along the pathway area....not suppose to go into the beach area. If you all are keen to shot small creature...it is too far to shot on the pathway...

Alright, thanks for the heads up. :)

For those who are interested to go to Chek Jawa, I'm so disappointed to inform that we are not able to go up close and personal with the marine life for this upcoming trip.

The following is quoted from the email reply I had gotten from NParks Authority.

Hi Ryan

For unguided walks, visitors are confined to the boardwalk. Only those who have booked for the Chek Jawa guided walks are allowed onto the sand bank areas. So in order to get close up with the marine life, please sign up for one of our guided walks. As this quarter's walks are fully booked, you may consider trying to book for next quarter's walks on 1st March from 8.30am onwards. You can call 6542-4108 and the dates are now available for your planning on www.nparks.gov.sg under Pulau Ubin webpage.

However, this outing will still go ahead as planned. Any shooters that had penned their interest and decided to withdraw, please kindly PM me and as the same goes to those who are still interested in this outing, please do PM me your Real Name and Contact.

Thank you very much.

Keep the thread updated

Will popby if time permits

Cheers

Status
Not open for further replies.