f16, 1/90s, ISO200
43469-large-IMG_6677.jpg

Juvenile Short-horned grasshopper
f16, 1/45s, ISO200
47143-large-IMG_7285.jpg

Moth Sketch
f16, 1/180s, ISO200
47313-large-IMG_7546.jpg

First 5 shots slight underexposure I feel?

I like 'The Long Meal' (interesting composition) as well as the mating Chesnut Bobs.

Nice stuff pal.

Feel slightly underexposed....
Anyway nice catch! Y the last pic is bw?

Yo Sgt...

Your long meal is funny :) It's also amazing that Butterflies can fly in sync. even though they are mating...

anyway... I like your shots... as always. :)

Only the long legged fly looks slightly underexposed on my screen. Fantastic shot of the blue pansy. The rest are excellent as well. The b/w version of the moth works for me because of its good composition. Really inspiring series. Makes me want to go out and shoot some macros now. :D

Thanks for all your valuable comments. :)

hhmm, the mating skippers may not be as bright, but somehow it doesnt look under on my monitor. :think:

Anyway, here's another shot at 1/2 stop open.
f/11, 1/90s, ISO400

47328-large-IMG_7595.jpg

very nice series again :)

nice to see your shots

long legged fly and Blue Pansy shots look underexposed to me ..

xaer said:
Your long meal is funny :) It's also amazing that Butterflies can fly in sync. even though they are mating...
Only one party will fly, which is usually the female.

Nice shots as always. It does look slightly underexpose on my monitor. Otherwise:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup: You seem to have a way with mating insects.

Oh no! :embrass:
Let me revisit again tonight… For Long-legged, it’s really way under at f/22, 1/60s, that means my ETTL failed again (blame the gears! :D ).
For Blue Pansy, I think I have other shots at slower shutter. I will check later.

Thanks for all your comments on the exposure. Honest comments really helps a lot. Thanks folks! :)

#2 looks a bit dark on my computer screen. On the whole a nice series and the insects are sharp.
However, the shots have "quite the same background", feeling a bit monotonous after looking at the last shot (only my personal opinion).

you are really bringing the house down wif ur stuff man! If I can have this kind of BG for all my macro I dont mind Im one of those who envy your background. :thumbsup:
Keep it up.

Stunning series, Edsel, well done. :thumbsup: My favs is the mating Chestnut Bob, Long Meal and Juvennile shot-horned grasshopper shots. Well taken and composed.

On my screen, the 2nd, 3rd and 4th shots do appear to be slightly underexposed. Perhaps can use PS to rectify that. :)

I appreciate all your comments. :)

skyflash said:
Nice Blue Pansy shot ... what time was it? is that dew or rain drop covering the wings?
Skyflash, it was taken around 8am @Jalan Kayu.

Here's another shot with better exposure.

47449-large-IMG_6918x.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.