Status
Not open for further replies.

Virgo

Dec 23, 2003
West of Singapore
www.pbase.com
As usual, comments please guys. Thanx.

30087663.jpg

:thumbsup: nice but would be better if u crop away the crane.

Agree with you all. May be I'll stamp away those irritating cranes when I have the time.

Actually, the original photo is very blend with an overcast sky. I did lots of curves in PS to get this. :embrass:

Electrin said:
feather the edges a bit. They're the dead giveaway.

Thanx Electrin. It's my first try on so much PShopping. Will take note of feathering away the edges. BTW, what's the value you normally use for feathering?

Just an opinon to share.
Compositon of half Esp. and half buildings with cranks could be improved.If the left is exceptional, then have more of that even if it is cranks.
I also realized the buildings are a little tilt. Do you think so.

Hosea said:
Just an opinon to share.
Compositon of half Esp. and half buildings with cranks could be improved.If the left is exceptional, then have more of that even if it is cranks.
I also realized the buildings are a little tilt. Do you think so.

Nice observation here Hosea, and thanx for your constructive comments!

This pic was actually cropped in the first place. After noticing the blend skyline, I decided to give it a 'punchy' look. It's my first try on very heavy PShopping. You may like to give some tips on how it should be done using PS too.

The rest of the PS whiz kids, please let me know what's the best way to improve this photo. Thanx in advance.

Virgo said:
Nice observation here Hosea, and thanx for your constructive comments!

This pic was actually cropped in the first place. After noticing the blend skyline, I decided to give it a 'punchy' look. It's my first try on very heavy PShopping. You may like to give some tips on how it should be done using PS too.

The rest of the PS whiz kids, please let me know what's the best way to improve this photo. Thanx in advance.

I am no good in PS except simple erase and framing.
PS is good but sometimes it really distroy the natural mood.
Happy PS ing .

Somehow your picture does not have a clear subject. When your picture was loading in my com, i notice the clouds. Cont down, I was attracted by esplanade and finally the building and cranes.

But the fins on esplanade is nice too me. :)

Hosea said:
I am no good in PS except simple erase and framing.
PS is good but sometimes it really distroy the natural mood.
Happy PS ing .

Thanx for the advice. I'm trying to use PS to make a very plain shot looks stunning and eye catching. ;)

good effort in trying to PS a sky to the esplanade. on top of Electrin's comments, I would like to add that the light seems to come in the wrong way. If you note the crane on the left, seems to have a white triangle that was not cleaned off.

I've tried to PS esplanade shots too. attached is one. ;)

sg_esplanade.jpg

Adiemus said:
good effort in trying to PS a sky to the esplanade. on top of Electrin's comments, I would like to add that the light seems to come in the wrong way. If you note the crane on the left, seems to have a white triangle that was not cleaned off.

I've tried to PS esplanade shots too. attached is one. ;)

Haha...you guys really sharp! :thumbsup:

Still in learning stage... Thanx much for your comments and the pic. Very nice, but I think the sky a bit over saturated.

Wow... the lighting of nature "kills" man! Very nice shots!

xaer said:
Wow... the lighting of nature "kills" man! Very nice shots!

Thanx xaer. However, there are still some 'impurities' in this picture, as pointed out by some above. I'll continue to test out and improve in future shots.

Status
Not open for further replies.