sg_esplanade.jpg

comments? :bsmilie:

Taken on

Wednesday, August 13, 2003

with a Nikon Coolpix 5700

WOW!!!!! :bigeyes:
So Blue

I like :thumbsup:

Great colour...good balance...impressive for 5700 - not easy getting a good balance with the reflective surface of the durian.

The Coolpix is a range of very good cameras that deliver sharp and balanced pictures for their class.

Well done

Adiemus said:
sg_esplanade.jpg

comments? :bsmilie:

very nice shot.
just curious, how do you achieve such photo with balance shadow and highlight? you use ND grad?

eh....looks like a PS composite image? hope i'm not offending anyone but this is my conjecture. Observe that the parts where the sky meets the "spikes" seem rather soft and looks like the sky was blended in post. This is a little more obvious to the centre of the picture. What do you guys think?

ricleo said:
eh....looks like a PS composite image? hope i'm not offending anyone but this is my conjecture. Observe that the parts where the sky meets the "spikes" seem rather soft and looks like the sky was blended in post. This is a little more obvious to the centre of the picture. What do you guys think?

Ditto... Not sure how to describe it exactly, but from this perspective view of the esplanade, the clouds should not spiral and spread out this way leh... ;p

But maybe it's just me... so would Adiemus clear the air on your technique?

Nevertheless, I like this shot. Very nice. :thumbsup:

Interestingly, the shot looked authentic: taken on the spot. But the sky was slightly post processed in PS later on. The lasso-ing to separate the sky is a little shoddy but looking at the whole image, it's not a composite of 2 images unless my eyes are playing tricks on me :bigeyes:

yah..same here..i think that the sky was added in later...you probably overexposed the sky and you took another sky image to fill it in, cos the perspective of the sky is definitely different from the angle you shot of is kinda diff...but i like the shot of the esplanade if it really were two diff photos...very nicely exposed...very beautiful colours..

Hi ppl,

thanks for your comments....

first of all...... it's a PSed sky.... meaning it's 2 separate shots. The esplanade shot had an over exposed sky.

A separate shot of the sky was taken and PSed with the esplanade shot.

What to do.... the Nikon 5700 was a temp camera before I saved enough to switch to a D70. So did not buy and accessories (eg. ND filters) for the 5700.

;)

Well.... it was my first chance at digital photography....

give chance lah.... :cry: :cry:

Adiemus said:
Well.... it was my first chance at digital photography....

give chance lah.... :cry: :cry:

Heez i didn't say it was a bad photo, it's very nice actually, i was just commenting on the image being a composite one :D nice work though!

Status
Not open for further replies.