Esplanade Opening/Fireworks

Was the trip made to the esplanade well worth it?

Results are only viewable after voting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
watched on TV

thought it was better than the NDP one

lasted longer too!

Hmmm i am still lousy in shooting fireworks.. need more practice at home.. make my own fireworks to improve.. kekeke DIY fireworks. keke:devil:

The fireworks are not that great after all. The ones in australia's easter day are better. bigger, higher, nicer, less smoke, longer. Hmmm guess its because of the olympic stadium that makes it so grand.

The performance are great. Better then those fireworks. :what:

hell yes,
worth making the trip there.
if only I an not a photographer then.

it'll have been better.

still , been there saw that lived on with it.

no if i'm taking shots....couldn't get a gd place to shot.. pple were rude and juz stand in front of ur camera.
yes if u're juz there to watch....really spectacular...best fireworks display so far in a very long time.

Originally posted by franciskc
Hmmm i am still lousy in shooting fireworks.. need more practice at home.. make my own fireworks to improve.. kekeke DIY fireworks. keke:devil:

The fireworks are not that great after all. The ones in australia's easter day are better. bigger, higher, nicer, less smoke, longer. Hmmm guess its because of the olympic stadium that makes it so grand.

The performance are great. Better then those fireworks. :what:

guess my location is no good. onli see part of the works.

yes i think it was very well done.

the fireworks itself ain't spectacular as compared to the NDP...don't have those "fanciful" smiley faces etc...

but the choreography and the timings of the fireworks were beautiful...not seen in any of our NDPs (tend to be blast blast blast blast ..and blast)...

as i was smack right in the middle of the crowd, couldn't really see the base of the fireworks. only when i saw clips of it on Ch U, I saw that the base has that "domino" effect when the fireworks started...gave more effects...and the ending was good, with the whole sky filled with smoke..really became a canvas in the sky when the last few fireworks blew.

The fireworks were shot from land mouted shooters, on the peice of reclaimed land.

Most likely they were computer controlled. :)

It was my first fireworks and quite fun. Think I have over 10 usable shots out of the ~150 I've shot. I was using continuous mode (5fps) and handheld the camera for some sequences.

Originally posted by Wolfgang
What do you all think?

Was the trip and the squeeze well worth it?

:D will soon be a tradition of fireworks parties in months to come ... whenever there is an opening ceremony or some parties ?? hee hee next time we can open our fireworks !!

many people. very crowded. very hot. perspiring. sticky. humid. pushing.

fireworks not bad ...quite nice.

Was there on Esplanade bridge facing Esplanade, but then later found out wrong direction. By the time I turned around, my bottom half is blocked by people. Wrong film too, was using Press 800 to shoot the abseilers earlier. Too many things happening at the same time, totally confused me and caught me by surprise. ;p

But I must say it's spectacular. More so than the wimpy 90s NDP one.

Regards
CK

BAD! BAD! BAD! Murphy laws comes to play this time. :cry: :cry:
Anyway, I felt that the NDP fireworks were more spectacular despite the intervals. Quite a dissappointment, this time round.

hi ,

Well ...... I was standing in the middle of the bridge and thought it will come from somewhere near the Esplanade, however, it turn out to be on the reclaimed land. Logically speaking, that's the spot where firework can be mooted and shoot. However, personal opinion is that it was on another side of the esplanade. A photographic view point will hope the firework ignited above the Esplanade to create a view and signify the opening,but it did not realised.

Firework was a different class ..... different rhythm....... quite spectacular in the "shoot out and rhythm". However, when the firework light up the sky, I feel it is just another firework. Nothing spectacular in the light up in sky. Too much of orange and red firework. Should have more of green, blue or purple will be great.

had thought the fireworks will start from Maybank, proceed onto the boats in the harbour and then Marina South..... that's why I position myself about 1/3 from the start of the Esplanade bridge. But then it all came from Marina South and I should've set up nearer the Merlion....

Originally posted by ziyter
hi ,

Well ...... I was standing in the middle of the bridge and thought it will come from somewhere near the Esplanade, however, it turn out to be on the reclaimed land. Logically speaking, that's the spot where firework can be mooted and shoot. However, personal opinion is that it was on another side of the esplanade. A photographic view point will hope the firework ignited above the Esplanade to create a view and signify the opening,but it did not realised.

Firework was a different class ..... different rhythm....... quite spectacular in the "shoot out and rhythm". However, when the firework light up the sky, I feel it is just another firework. Nothing spectacular in the light up in sky. Too much of orange and red firework. Should have more of green, blue or purple will be great.

Actually the 1st burst WAS from the roof, a short burst. That was during the opening ceremony at 7:30pm. Missed it when changing lenses. :(

My worst fireworks shoot. Ever. :(

Regards
CK

wolfy, what about those who didn't make the attempt to be present at the opening? :p
ya gonna have a 3rd option! :p

Status
Not open for further replies.