Esplanade of the 80's

Status
Not open for further replies.

ReiszRie

Oct 15, 2006
Singapore
taken a random shot recently at esplanade and did some post-processing to create a dreamy mood with colours that reminds one of the 80's

C&C welcomed

*the vignetting was introduced to try bring out the 80's feel*

esplanademb6.jpg

U mean 80s everybody shoot with a big blank on the top?

U mean 80s every camera will vignet?

U mean 80s every camera is not sharp?

(I mean, 80s, i dun even know whats a camera...)

actually, i prefer to have a more centralised effect, and a bigger vignet if u wanna do vignetting, either u do it big, or u dun...

U mean 80s everybody shoot with a big blank on the top?

U mean 80s every camera will vignet?

U mean 80s every camera is not sharp?

(I mean, 80s, i dun even know whats a camera...)

actually, i prefer to have a more centralised effect, and a bigger vignet if u wanna do vignetting, either u do it big, or u dun...

ok, note taken

i left a space as i wanted to show more of the purplish sky

sharpness was toned down to create a dreamy effect

wonders if those are bad moves.

neither does it bring out the feel in me... perhaps sepia with more grains will be better?

The color doesn't make the pic looks like the 80s. If u want the mood and feel of the 80s, find some old buildings that exist in the 80s and take some pics. "The Durian" didn't exist in the 80s!

The color doesn't make the pic looks like the 80s. If u want the mood and feel of the 80s, find some old buildings that exist in the 80s and take some pics. "The Durian" didn't exist in the 80s!

haha, maybe my caption is a little off there, cause at first glance, it gave me a feel of the "durian" going back in time with the warm colours

and yeah, i find the frlags distracting too ^^

the soft effect and colour tone do ressemble that of prints popular in the 80s, at least from materials i've seen then.

the real problem with the picture is the composition. i have no clue as to what subject the photographer is trying to convey.

Status
Not open for further replies.