Escalators (breakdown)

Status
Not open for further replies.

yyD70S

Dec 25, 2005
Singapore
Suppose I'm not the first to realise the frequent breakdown (or so called routine maintenance) of our escalators.

Problem is, for not the first time, tourists too are voicing their displeasure on the above matter. This is alarming for the fact that official statistics put the average tourist stay on our island as between two-to-three days.

What gives?

i think should built more stairs.

where you get your stats from? is this another survey?

which escalator? where? In my everyday routine, work, back home.. I have never encountered a single escalator...

In journalist circles this would be called a 'Slow news day' thread :confused:

Be grateful you have escalators around. In Japan, this is what you get.

009_G.jpg

Either ppl these days are getting too spoilt and pampered or they are getting lazy to use stairs.

espn said:
Be grateful you have escalators around. In Japan, this is what you get.

009_G.jpg
That reminds me... :bsmilie: Sapporo, Kyoto, Nara, Tokyo... I realised the value of legs and realised that if Emperor Qin exercised more, he would prolly lived past the age of 60 instead of dying so young without finding his 'immortal pill'. :bsmilie:

jsbn said:
Either ppl these days are getting too spoilt and pampered or they are getting lazy to use stairs.

ttz jus part of d problem, d other part is tt many commercial buildings r above 15 levels- try walking up 15 levels!! :sweat:

You don't have escalators that go up to 15 levels anyway!! You use lifts!! :devil:
I must agree most of us are getting spoilt...including myself. :embrass:

Maybe we should start to walk with our own feet instead of take the escalators, free exercise. I sometimes purposedly walk the staircase instead of take the lifts or escalators, of course I walk slowly not running lah.

sORe-EyEz said:
ttz jus part of d problem, d other part is tt many commercial buildings r above 15 levels- try walking up 15 levels!! :sweat:
walk slowly lah. Not tell u to fly up 15 levels in 3mins like u're doing vertical marathon.

Before my op, I oso sometimes walk up the stairs to my house since I rarely jog, this would be good exercise to pump my heart a little.

What bothers me is not that there is a shortage of escalators, but how alot of buildings, shopping centres and public buildings are not very handicap friendly.

I think Singapore needs to improve handicap access and also make even the public transportation more readily available to the wheelchair bound people. Notice the bus system is totally void of wheelchair access? Anywhere else in the world buses, particularly the US are wheelchair friendly.

Aren't people wheelchair bound people too? Don't they deserve the same amount of freedom us able bodied people have?

Just some food for thought. Not like my opinion here really matters or going to make a difference. But if I can change a few opinions or make people think of matters concerning others rather than themselves, I will post my opinions.

Ah Pao said:
You don't have escalators that go up to 15 levels anyway!! You use lifts!! :devil:
I must agree most of us are getting spoilt...including myself. :embrass:

ya hor... :sweat:

i m thinking of Hong Kong's ecalator, d 1 tt's world's longest! :lovegrin:

jsbn said:
walk slowly lah. Not tell u to fly up 15 levels in 3mins like u're doing vertical marathon.

Before my op, I oso sometimes walk up the stairs to my house since I rarely jog, this would be good exercise to pump my heart a little.

same here, my home is at 26 storey! ;p

hondasleeper said:
What bothers me is not that there is a shortage of escalators, but how alot of buildings, shopping centres and public buildings are not very handicap friendly.

I think Singapore needs to improve handicap access and also make even the public transportation more readily available to the wheelchair bound people. Notice the bus system is totally void of wheelchair access? Anywhere else in the world buses, particularly the US are wheelchair friendly.

Aren't people wheelchair bound people too? Don't they deserve the same amount of freedom us able bodied people have?

Just some food for thought. Not like my opinion here really matters or going to make a difference. But if I can change a few opinions or make people think of matters concerning others rather than themselves, I will post my opinions.

agree, they should build 1 slope for every 2 flight of steps. :think:

If not even for the wheel chair bound people but for elderly and handsicap people who struggle up flights of stairs. Something needs to be done. I think someday even we would appreciate it.

Sigh!!!

Those escalators at the Citylink / Suntec has been down for months :sweat:

go to the escalator at the bridge between CityLink and Suntec..there was a sign that said "Escalator Under Repair"...which stayed there for weeks.

some people went to mod the sign to "Escalator Beyond Repair"...:bsmilie:

Status
Not open for further replies.