Esata crisis

Status
Not open for further replies.

phoakm

Dec 15, 2003
Singapore, Singapore, Singapor
www.flickr.com
Hi, yesterday bought Drobo S for data storage and backup. I tried to setup the Drobo S to my motherboard (Asus Rampage Extreme 2) using esata. The motherboard able to detect my Drobo S (which display appear green in color) during system start up. But it hanged when reached the window start up screen for sometime. The Drobo S and my motherboard operating lights was running with no error sound or display.

Question: What is the problem that caused this and how to resolve?

I had switched back to use USB port for my Drobo S.

Many thanks in advance. :)

I wish to use esata as connection as it has the faster transfer speed.

Hi,

Had exactly the same problem and even if i manage to boot, then Win 7 or Vista behaved strangely, drobo dash board never worked under esata for me on asus rampage extreme, apparently this motherboard/esata and drobo s not friendly with each other i don't know what is wrong with it but its the way it is.

I bough PCI esata and it resolved all my issues i had with drobo s, now it works smoothly and as it should.

Good luck

Hi,

Had exactly the same problem and even if i manage to boot, then Win 7 or Vista behaved strangely, drobo dash board never worked under esata for me on asus rampage extreme, apparently this motherboard/esata and drobo s not friendly with each other i don't know what is wrong with it but its the way it is.

I bough PCI esata and it resolved all my issues i had with drobo s, now it works smoothly and as it should.

Good luck

Thanks for the tips. I believe the asus having issues on esata. I am now using the onboard esata port on my Cooler Master Chasis. Everything is running smoothly. Now Drobo S is my storage and backup drive.

Status
Not open for further replies.