error code 01

sachokphantom

Mar 26, 2010
singapore
Hi.. have you ever got this code 01 while shooting in manual mode? Im using 500d with 17-85mm and shoot at night with manual mode and the code keep coming out. Is there anywhere i can bring my camera to service on sunday?

try cleaning the contacts on the lens.

Tried already. Haiz. I think my cam feel jealous that i wanted to get fullframe so it giving me problem.

If able to shoot wide open with no error, then try to shoot small aperture if error, 17-85mm aperture cable maybe broken.. haha

Hi.. have you ever got this code 01 while shooting in manual mode? Im using 500d with 17-85mm and shoot at night with manual mode and the code keep coming out. Is there anywhere i can bring my camera to service on sunday?

You may want to read up the manual on the various error codes. The manual should have a list of error codes and some solutions.

The EFS 17-85mm is known to be somewhat flaky (especially the early batches). There have been nemerous problems reported on this lens:

1) USM motor went bad (can only autofocus at 17mm and no where else)
2) Stuck diaphram resulted in Err 01
3) Broken electrical wire within the lens causing Err 01

A couple of years ago, my own 17-85mm suffered from problem (1). The price of this lens has dropped (and the image quality is so so) so much that I decided to sell it for scrap instead of repairing it.

Just my luck. Got this error two days back on my 24-105. Sent it in yesterday but was told the parts wont be in til mid feb! Some diaphragm problem. At least it's supposed to be an upgraded part. Going off on a few trips between now and then...Guess I'm gonna have to rent...or take it as a learning experience to see everything through my 17-40. :)

Just my luck. Got this error two days back on my 24-105. Sent it in yesterday but was told the parts wont be in til mid feb! Some diaphragm problem. At least it's supposed to be an upgraded part. Going off on a few trips between now and then...Guess I'm gonna have to rent...or take it as a learning experience to see everything through my 17-40. :)

same as this:

http://www.clubsnap.com/forums/showthread.php?t=820118

me too.. i went to csc to have a check and the person said it the diaphragm problem and the chargewill be $160/-. i'll just have to wait till march for 5dmiii

It's cable problem, but they will replace the whole aperture assembly to fix it.
For 24-105mm, it's troublesome to replace the cable only, alignment of one element can be affected.
But for 17-85mm, it should be easy to change. Maybe their parts comes in assembly package. :dunno:

Some sellers in ebay are selling the 17-85mm cable for U$6 only

just came back from camwerks and ben photos.. both shop quote me $190/- (the reason is because of wear and tear) while csc quote me $160

me too.. i went to csc to have a check and the person said it the diaphragm problem and the chargewill be $160/-. i'll just have to wait till march for 5dmiii

how u know mark 3 out in march? :dunno:

u never ask fatigue to repair for u ah. :bsmilie:

Quite busy with work. :(
Couldn't do much these few days.
Maybe we can gather all those with problems on 17-85mm and I will teach you to DIY
really? I wont mind. Will give you some coffee money. :p

Haiz... the problem had been solved after sent it for repair at CSC. I still remembered I was charged $180 and now which is less then a year the problem come again. Yest I sent it again to CSC and was told it happen because of wear and tear. Bro Fatigue I tried to PM you but couldn't as your mailbox is full. Sorry Billy(the guy at the counter) if my voice was a bit harsh.