err99. your help is appreciated.

Status
Not open for further replies.

easttimor

Sep 7, 2009
Recently I got an "err 01" which told me there was a communication problem with my tokina lens. I am using canon 400D. I tried the lens on other bodies, same problem.

The errors occur when the aperture is 5.6 or above. I googled for the solution and tried. All do not work. I tried cleaning the lens metal contact with lens cleaning solution and eraser rubbing. Now it becomes "err99" and I still cannot shoot above f5.6.

I called Mr Tay of CP and he quoted $80 as it is out of warranty. The lens will be serviced here, not japan. The repair takes one week and comes with one month warranty after servicing.

Do cs-ers here have cheaper solution? Where else can I send it for servicing? Greatly appreciate your help :)

Anyone can help?

Why don't you go straight to Canon Service Center. Cathay are just going to send it there anyway.

EDIT: oops, misread your post. Yes, do send it to CP (who are the local Tokina agent IIRC).

Last edited:
sounds like a stuck apeture diaphram. needs repair/replacement. either CP or send it in to the tokina agents. NOT Canon. $80 is reasonable if it includes parts.

Why don't you go straight to Canon Service Center. Cathay are just going to send it there anyway.

EDIT: oops, misread your post. Yes, do send it to CP (who are the local Tokina agent IIRC).

sounds like a stuck apeture diaphram. needs repair/replacement. either CP or send it in to the tokina agents. NOT Canon. $80 is reasonable if it includes parts.

Thanks calebk and headlesschook. i will send it down today

I spent over $130 for changing the shutter assembly for my canon 17-85mm lens at CSC. $80 is ok unless he did not quote the hidden cost.

I think it is the Tokina lens and not the body.

Status
Not open for further replies.