Err...help pls?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vampira

Feb 2, 2007
Tampines,Singapore
hello..i m very green in here.kinda need alot of tips and advices.
i dun even noe where to start.here goes notin..

got my dip in professional image makeup artistry in sept 06.Would like to land a part-time MUA job.Need portfolios but dun have any. did some research on websites abt portfolios.Tips read was get a gd model n photographer -which means $$$$$..me on super tight budget.so thought of doing myself.
tot wana learn photgraphy too.got a 400D kit and 55-200 lenses as a bday gift.

aiyah...i duno lah wat to do now..so sian liao thinking.wana b a MUA n photographer coz they are linked.

i so confused now duno wat the next thing i suppose to do.

help clear my head?

sorry

look into this forum
Services Offered / Wanted
a lot of photographers are looking for MUA to provide service for TFCD (time for CD) shoot for the models. I believe you can provide your MUA service to the shoot and ask for a CD of photos as your portfolio in return of your service. Probably you can join in the shoot as well.

You mail box may be flooded soon, as free MUA in return for portfolio is in demand.

hello..i m very green in here.kinda need alot of tips and advices.
i dun even noe where to start.here goes notin..

got my dip in professional image makeup artistry in sept 06.Would like to land a part-time MUA job.Need portfolios but dun have any. did some research on websites abt portfolios.Tips read was get a gd model n photographer -which means $$$$$..me on super tight budget.so thought of doing myself.
tot wana learn photgraphy too.got a 400D kit and 55-200 lenses as a bday gift.

aiyah...i duno lah wat to do now..so sian liao thinking.wana b a MUA n photographer coz they are linked.

i so confused now duno wat the next thing i suppose to do.

help clear my head?

sorry

You can be all at the same time, or you can be either one at a time.

There will be tonnes of photographers here wanting to do a free shoot, but good model dun come easy, so if you have the ability to make a normal girl look gorgeous, then its already your skills.

If you can come up with an interesting theme, on a sunday morning, i dun mind helping u... besides that, can take a before & after...

There will be tonnes of photographers here wanting to do a free shoot, but good model dun come easy, so if you have the ability to make a normal girl look gorgeous, then its already your skills.

If you can come up with an interesting theme, on a sunday morning, i dun mind helping u... besides that, can take a before & after...
can I join ;p

then bring 85f1.4G, 80-200 f2.8G...

Think we ask Galdor be our porter better...

another minolta sony outing... :thumbsup:

:bsmilie:

Sorry to thread starter that if we OT (out of topic) in this thread :sweat:

then bring 85f1.4G, 80-200 f2.8G...

Think we ask Galdor be our porter better...

another minolta sony outing... :thumbsup:
onz :thumbsup:

:bsmilie:
Bro you bring your 28-70mm G & 28mm f/2 :devil:

From to time I'll do 1 to 1 TFCD for some models in my studio. If you're interested, let me know how I can get in touch with you. If you want it for your portfolio, you may also want to have some control over the make up.

I'm not trying to chrush antone's chance here, I know DCA will :kok: me with my prev posting, so, anyone here needs a studio for a TFDC on a weekday ( weekend usually studio is fully booked ) let me know, I can consider working with you guys. I may be able to learn something from you guy also.;)

hi..
thanks alot.heheh...i did once for an attachment with GlamzTouche Studio as a student.the theme was high fashion ala angel.i dun have the pics rite now.. i'll try to upload tonite and c wat u guys gota comment.i've got other attachments too like a local malay celeb photoshoot, zouk wardrobe fashion show,NTU rdshow,MC Model but unfortunately...i dun have the final pics thus a no-no.

be it gd or bad i am gona take it into my stride..newbie mah..must learn to...absorb..absorb n more absorbing..hahahah

hi thanks all for responding.

i nd to noe abt some things.if i took up the offers given and it turns out that my skills aint gd enough ..then wats next? i believe the TFCD is for d benefit of all parties involved so how if the outcome aint as u expected? dun wana waste ppl's time and energy..very very paisey liao.hv my own makeup kit and some hair accessories oni..very so basic.

err...if i not chinese is it okay?errm..oso..i wana your advice too..I got appt at the makeover Inc pte ltd on 10 feb.the manager want to c my skills..any tips? like how much per hour,what to do n donts etc?

hi thanks all for responding.

i nd to noe abt some things.if i took up the offers given and it turns out that my skills aint gd enough ..then wats next? i believe the TFCD is for d benefit of all parties involved so how if the outcome aint as u expected? dun wana waste ppl's time and energy..very very paisey liao.hv my own makeup kit and some hair accessories oni..very so basic.

err...if i not chinese is it okay?errm..oso..i wana your advice too..I got appt at the makeover Inc pte ltd on 10 feb.the manager want to c my skills..any tips? like how much per hour,what to do n donts etc?

like wise, what if my photography skills not good enuff? can the model & MUA blame me?

its a TFCD, and art & perception is very subjective, some like it, some hate it... i am more of those who go for the fun of it... but i still try to deliver...

on the 2nd part, u mean not chinese then cannot be tfcd MUA? :think:

like wise, what if my photography skills not good enuff? can the model & MUA blame me?

its a TFCD, and art & perception is very subjective, some like it, some hate it... i am more of those who go for the fun of it... but i still try to deliver...

on the 2nd part, u mean not chinese then cannot be tfcd MUA? :think:

heheh...shesshh...i hope not..y i said so coz it seems that most here r chinese or hv i think too much?jeezz..i need a shake man..

From to time I'll do 1 to 1 TFCD for some models in my studio. If you're interested, let me know how I can get in touch with you. If you want it for your portfolio, you may also want to have some control over the make up.

ermm..i cant promise that my schedule is free always..mostly on weekends..but i'll get back to you after this Sat 10feb..gota c the outcome of my intv.

Sorry to thread starter that if we OT (out of topic) in this thread :sweat:

onz :thumbsup:

Bro you bring your 28-70mm G & 28mm f/2 :devil:

Zcf..i'm cool..no worries there.;) hmm..heheheh

Zcf..i'm cool..no worries there.;) hmm..heheheh
Thanks, there are quite some non-chinese photographer in ClubSNAP also. Weekend are more suitable for most forumers here as most got day job.

Beside the end result (photos), everyone one improve through the process of TFCD, by the time you are really good and with portfolios, you probably start charging already.

Status
Not open for further replies.