Err CF

Status
Not open for further replies.

RainbowSix

Jan 4, 2006
Ang Mo Kio, Singapore
Help!

I was attempting to download pics from my 350D to my computer but a window popped up indicating that there is no CF card in the camera! Its in it!

I then tried viewing the images from the camera display and the message "Err CF" was flashing on the LCD screen!

I am using the Lexar 2GB 80x CF Card. Coincidentally, just before trying to download my pics, the CF card dropped onto my floor from a height of 1.5m.... This couldn't be the reason right?

What should I do to get the pictures back?! Those are so very important pics! Will Lexar be able to solve it since its liftime warranty?

Any advice? Thanks!

RainbowSix said:
Help!

I was attempting to download pics from my 350D to my computer but a window popped up indicating that there is no CF card in the camera! Its in it!

I then tried viewing the images from the camera display and the message "Err CF" was flashing on the LCD screen!

I am using the Lexar 2GB 80x CF Card. Coincidentally, just before trying to download my pics, the CF card dropped onto my floor from a height of 1.5m.... This couldn't be the reason right?

What should I do to get the pictures back?! Those are so very important pics! Will Lexar be able to solve it since its liftime warranty?

Any advice? Thanks!
Sorry to hear your problem.

Even there is no moving part inside CF, if you drop it, it could break chip/connection/board inside CF card. You can try recovery program. No, I am not using Lexar, so I can't suggest you what program. Sorry.
AFAIK, by warranty, Lexar will only replace the CF. The data inside they don't care. But no harm to ask them which program to try. Call them. No, sorry again, I don't have Lexar rep. phone number.

Sorry, can't help you much.

Regards,
Arto.

I though Lexar was more compatible to Nikon, not canon.;)

smurfman said:
I though Lexar was more compatible to Nikon, not canon.;)
Aiya...,

If you drop it, C or N is not a problem :bsmilie: .

Regards,
Arto.

Artosoft said:
Aiya...,

If you drop it, C or N is not a problem :bsmilie: .

Regards,
Arto.

u mean this guy dropped the card?

yup, then c or n same same,.

smurfman said:
u mean this guy dropped the card?

yup, then c or n same same,.
Yup, here is the copy and paste from TS first thread:

Regards,
Arto.

btw, i always sit down when i take out my CF card... haa haa.. paranoid...

if fall, also fall shorter distance.

and also place my camera on my lap

Try to use a card reader. I cant read my 8Gb MD from my 350D direct when there are a lot of photos in it. I think 350D have limited capacity. It works with a card reader in my case.

Status
Not open for further replies.